Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner July 2012

Extra tables for evening guests

Wherts2b, 30 March, 2012 at 11:31 Posted on Planning 0 13

We are having 6 round tables for the wedding breakfast and the top table, but on the eveing we have potentially another 120 people coming and so the venue said they will get some extra tables made up at the back of the room to accomodate them (this will include chair covers). I never even thought about table decorations though for these - will they look a bit bare if all the other tables have flowers & tealights but those nothing? x

13 replies

Latest activity by 2b_MrsB, 30 March, 2012 at 16:25
  • 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

IMO your right, they will look bare, recent wedding I attended changed all the tables from having flowers & tealights during the day to having balloons and just married table confetti for the evening reception. So this or something similar is something you can consider if its within your budget.

L x

• P
    Beginner August 2013
    Peppr Potts ·
    • Hide content

If it's a lot of extra tables it might look a bit bare, if it's only a few extra it might not be noticeable.... If your budget doesn't stretch to putting things on the evening tables take the centrepieces away from the day tables, that way they'll all look the same and won't look bare. At my OH's brother's wedding in 2010 this is what they did - they took the table centres away then put a small pot of sweets on each table which stopped the tables being totally bare but was very cheap.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

It will probably be four extra tables. I don't want to take away the table decs from other tables as they're so beautiful and expensive lol. I think I may have to get in touch with my florist to see if she's got any ideas for keeping it cheap.

On the other tables we've got candleabras with flowers and vintage teacups with flowers then tealights dotted around

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

We had about 8 extra tables in the evening and the venue moved our "day" table decorations into the "evening" room and on the "bare" tables, we had balloons. We also decorated all the tables with various confetti and table crystals and all tables had "runners" down the middle so every table had something on it.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure balloons would fit in with our vintage theme or that would have been ideal. I've just emailed the florist to see if she's got any suggestions for something cheap and cheerful!

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I would think it will look different if they don't have some kind of decoration on them. Could you (as already suggested) change the decorations for the evening to something simple and cheaper - I love the "Just Married" balloons idea! and maybe some confetti on the tables as well.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

Nooo not at £70 per table i'm not getting rid of them and spending more money on additional ones for all 10 tables instead of just the 4 extra ones. Fingers crossed the florist has some cheap suggestions cos we haven't got the money for this ? Why didn't I think of this soon, I'm such an idiot!!

• V
    Beginner June 2012
    Vicloveschocolate ·
    • Hide content

Hi;

I used to waitress at weddings back in the day when I was 17 (so coming up to 10 years ago now!) and during the bit between the wedding breakfast and the evening buffet we would clear the room. This meaning we would clear all empty glasses, cutlery etc and put on fresh table cloths. We would move all the table decorations whilst we were doing this onto a trolley. We would then once we had added extra tables put out extra chairs and then randomly space the table decorations around new tables - so some would have them some wouldn't. It never look anything other than fine.

I personally would not be bothered about buying new table decorations - people spend far less time at the table during the evening do than they do during the day - and a lot of the time it is dark - once the disco starts so don't worry.

For me it is about the wow factor when people walk in for the wedding breakfast I am less concerned about later on.

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Vic. I agree that I want the wow factor for the wedding breakfast, and as you say the evening is less important. If I can get something cheap enough that's not going to look tacky in comparison to the rest then I will try and decorate the other tables, otherwise maybe a few candles will do the job

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Ok not sure how it will fit in with your theme but what about something along these lines...

https://weddingmall.co.uk/venue-decorations/wedding-props/candle-holders/stemmed-tealight-holders/hanging-butterfly-tealight-holder/p27286.html

my thinking is for you to use something completely different from what you have already, but keeping the cost down....you could still add table crystals or cofetti to spread some colour over the tables too.

L x

• W
    Beginner July 2012
    Wherts2b ·
    • Hide content

Oh how pretty, that's a good option. my florist has got back to me suggesting a few of these on each table:

Which incidentally we are dotting around the table plan so it fits in with what we're having. not the same wow effect as the tall candleabras but less bare than an empty table! what does everyone think? with a few tealights dotted around too in glass holders xx

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

Holy moly I hadn't even thought about this. Don't even know if I should put some extra tables out!

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your florists suggestion is really nice but personally I think I'd avoid using more flowers , it'll be darker at night with disco so if the tables are mixed with day table centres and tea lights etc it would look really nice , but then I'm not an overly flowery person ( if you know what i mean) so its just my opinion.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics