Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

amihohu
Beginner September 2013

Extravagant hen dos?

amihohu, 13 July, 2012 at 12:32 Posted on Planning 0 8

Just spoken to my mum, saying she had got a answerphone message from my aunt this morning simple saying 'I've had an idea! She should go to Vegas for her hen do, the girls would love that!' and then hung up haha! Although Vegas would be amazing, I'm thinking it's probably slightly out of my and my hens budget unfortunately! But it did make me think, what's the most extravagant hen do you've been to/heard about?

8 replies

Latest activity by Mets, 13 July, 2012 at 15:32
  • J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

A few of my friends are pushing for Vegas for my hen, but in reality I can't afford that, let alone my friends!

My cousin's stag do cost £600 all in for a weekend, I thought that was extravagant!

• Cakeisawesome
    Beginner October 2014
    Cakeisawesome ·
    • Hide content

My BIL went to spain for a week for his, ended up costing us almost £500 and then some because a guy dropped out so his cost had to be covered! I think OTT Hen and Stags aren't really necessary tbh. I'm hoping for a nice spa day with my besties and a girly night out, close to home so i can stagger back! lol

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Boy spent a fair whack on his, somewhere around £1500. His mates all seemed happy to do so as well!

• amihohu
    Beginner September 2013
    amihohu ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I mean I know most of my friends could potentially afford something like that if I gave them enough notice, but I'm not sure they would all want to spend that much haha. Plus, it is an extra 600+ to go towards the honeymoon instead Smiley laugh

• amihohu
    Beginner September 2013
    amihohu ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Whoo nice, what did he get up to? Dare I ask....!

I think I would worry about alienating people who couldn't neccessarily afford something extravagant, or them feeling they had to, because others were.

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

My step sister (and bridesmaid) keeps saying Vegas whenever I ask for suggestions for my hen do. She doesn't seem to grasp that I couldn't afford it let alone most of the hens!

If everyone in your group can afford it then I have no problem with people doing what they want but I'd hate for someone to be left out due to cost which is why mine won't be too spendy.

• Agouti
    Beginner September 2013
    Agouti ·
    • Hide content

I would love to go to somewhere like Dubai for my hen but no way would I ask (or expect) my hens to pay for that! Maybe if I win Euromillions........

Luckily all of my friends have had budget-friendly hen dos in the UK!

• lady_lyla
    Beginner September 2013
    lady_lyla ·
    • Hide content

Personally I wouldn't want to spend so much on my hen do, or a friends (although I would obv go if it was a close friend!)

I would much rather save the £500 towards the wedding - for mine I'm planning a big day in Manchester (where I live) so people can chose what they want to join in with and chose whether they want to stay in a hotel or go home. We'll be going for a nice meal in the afternoon, going to do a cocktail class early evening, then have a private bar area to play games, head to lucky voice kareoke and hire a booth for a couple of hours and then spend the rest of the night drunk in the club!

• M
    Beginner August 2012
    Mets ·
    • Hide content

I had 2 hen dos... June just gone we went to LA & did the West Coast road trip up to San Fran (AMAZING!) but as it was really expensive & I didn't really expect too many people to be able to afford it (only 3 of us went lol) I also had a much cheaper hen last weekend in London that everyone came to/could afford ;-)

In reality the trip to LA/West Coast USA was just an excuse for an amazing girly holiday with my besties before I got hitched Smiley smile

H2B went to Vegas....... with 14 guys!! I don't know where they got the money from. They also ended up sending £1000's :\

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics