Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2014

Eyelash extensions

halechap, 7 of January of 2014 at 14:03 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hello,

Just having a ponder on eyelash extensions and realise I know nothing about them and that there is many different types to choose from including daily wear to permanent done in a salon ( lots of different ones i can't make head or foot of what is the best method !

What are others having ? which are the most comfortable ? and what are the average costs for each type ?

I know daily will be cheapest, are they easy to apply and do they stay put ?

does any one have photos of when they have had eyelash extensions done ?

My sister is doing my hair and make up on the day

Tia Hayley x

19 replies

Latest activity by Kieth, 31 of March of 2023 at 09:54
  • terri_cramp
    Beginner May 2015
    terri_cramp ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a clue, but a good question, i'll be following this thread X

• MrsHD2015
    Beginner June 2015
    MrsHD2015 ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE long lashes, can't wait to get mine done. There are so many different types the best option is to speak with a beautician. I spoke with a friend of mine who does them and she told me about 4 or 5 different types! I think some only last 2 weeks, some up to 4 weeks and then you have the temporary ones which you can take off at the end of the day. I guess it depends what kind of look you are going for because they can do very natural looking ones which are really subtle or bold and thick ones. I think they range anywhere from £20 to £70 depending on what you go for. A lot of beauty salons offer this as standard now so have look on their website to get an idea ?

• C
    Civil Ceremonies ·
    • Hide content

I had novo lash extensions about 2 years ago and for the first 4 weeks looked very nice but got very straggly after that. Having them done was not a pleasant experience I have to say and I'm not a wuss. Also I don't think my own eye lashes have been the same since.

Would I have them done again? definitely not.

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

I have the semi-perm ones which I first did for my wedding. Was amazxing as lasted throughout my honeymoon so looked good in days photos (vainO!)

I now always have them done whenever I go on holiday.

I had them done at a salon near my home town, and there's lot of mobile ones about. £65-75 seems to be the norm around London/SE. I would ask your friends/colleagues for a recommendation of someone local to you who has been used before

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I would get the permanent ones- I used to wear them all the time so was very used to them and I think it does make a difference in my wedding pictures. They diddnt hurt to do but its time consuming and a bit tedious whilst they glue them on.

They do wreck your natural lashes though- no matter what the beautician will tell you. If you are off on honeymoon afterwards then they are good for when you are in an out of the pool.

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I heard they wreck you lashes but only if you have them very regularly. I have mine done twice a year when I'm on holiday and sooo nice not wearing mascara! You wake up and just look, well, wide awake

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I had the semi perm ones (designed to last 2-3 weeks). They took age to go on (I may have had a nap!) and cost about £60, but looked awesome on the day.

They annoyed me a little on honeymoon as you can't rub your eyes, which I usually do whenever I get out of the water!!

My lashes did suffer after, I got some of that Rimmel mascara which was supposed to help make your own lashes grow faster/better which did help but it took a good few months.

• H
    Beginner September 2014
    halechap ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for all the replys,

I was thinking to get some to last the honey moon and also to avoid having mascara which may run on the day,

sounds like a slight mix bag of reviews ! will do some more research, unfortunatly I work in my office alone so no one to discuss these girly bits with

Hayley x

• W
    Beginner February 2014
    Wifeytobe88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to have individual false eyelashes put on for my wedding (trialling it for my hen in 3 weeks first!). Not sure how long they last exactly but it's definitely a few days, as they recommend you have them put on the day before your wedding. It's only £16.

• H
    Beginner September 2014
    halechap ·
    • Hide content

Hi

do you have any rough prices for the ones you've mentioned ?

Thank you Hayley x

• A
    Beginner May 2014
    Amora Nail & Beauty ·
    • Hide content

There are pictures of a few different types in my signature. No eyelash extensions is applied and removed correctly should damage your eyelashes.Apologies for the bigger text it copied from my website weird, but gives good descriptions. I've also put my prices down but these will vary with where you are in the country.

Semi Permanent Eyelash Extensions - £50

These are Individual lashes which are applied to each individual eyelash. These will last 4-6 weeks when looked after and can be infilled to make them last longer.

Express Lashes - £40

Individual Eyelash extensions are applied but using an express method, these lashes will last approx 1-2 weeks and should then be removed

Cluster Lashes/Weekend Lashes - £13

These are two or more extensions grouped together to create a fuller look. These will last between 3-7 days and should then be removed

Strip Lashes - £10

These are a strip of lashes and the quickest way to achieve fuller looking lashes. Strip lashes are applied for one night and should then be removed before bed and can then be reused for the next occasion.

Different coloured lashes, diamontes and various effects are available, please contact for more information as the price will vary on what is required.

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

I'm just keeping an eye out for a groupon offer for eyelash extensions. £25 normally instead of £90

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I had the lash extensions when i went on holiday last year. They looked nice for about 5 days then looked awful!! They looked all criss cross and they fall out one by on so started to look gappy. they also ruined my natural eyelashes. I like the strips that you glue on and you can remove them at the end of the day. Get them done at a beauticians as they use very good glue. I wear them on a night out and sometimes sleep in them and they stil look lovely the next day. I will be using them on my wedding day x

• L
    Beginner April 2021 Florida
    Lash ·
    • Hide content

I don't have a clue, but a good question.

• D
    Beginner March 2016 Co Londonderry
    Dong ·
    • Hide content

I took my eyelashes when I went on vacation last year. They look good for about 7 days and then look terrible! ! They all looked criss-crossed, and then fell one by one, so they started to look gaping. They also damaged my natural eyelashes.

• Aled
    Monmouthshire
    Aled ·
    • Hide content

Would highly recommend these false eyelashes - I've heard only good things, although that's from limited experience as you'd assume.

• Sinéad
    Dedicated October 2022 Cork
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    Hey
    I'm going to go for a lift lash. I've already tried it and really liked the results. Also got my eyebrows fixed 😂
    Eyelash extensions 1

• Charlotte
    Dedicated September 2023 Lincolnshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Hayley,

I’m going to have strip lashes done on the day by the lady doing my make up.
    The individual lashes that last a few weeks are beautiful and I used to have them a few years ago but they wrecked my natural lashes and I developed an allergy to the glue sadly! So no more of those for me!
    You’ve got the right idea having a trial of them first for your hen to see how you get on with them though, they are very pretty! Xx
  • Stella
    Beginner December 2023 California
    Stella ·
    • Hide content

You don't need to resort to fake eyelashes and damage your natural ones. Careprost is an eyelash growth serum that can help you grow longer, fuller, and darker lashes naturally. It is easy to use and it will give you the results that you want in a short amount of time. So don't worry about using fake lashes for your special day - just use Careprost and have gorgeous natural lashes!

visit For More: https://genericaura.com/product/careprost-eye-drops/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics