Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Arquard
Beginner May 2011

Fabric help!

Arquard, 22 August, 2010 at 08:59 Posted on Planning 0 9

I've been looking and looking and looking for somewhere that either sells ready-made organza sashes for chairs, or just the organza material itself and I'll make the darn sashes. LOADS of places do these things but NEVER in the colour I'm after. Our colours are British racing green and silver. The closest shade I can get to BR green in most things is Hunter Green, which is fine and a very nice shade (plus h2b is colour blind anyway so although he's insisted on BR green, MIL2b says he won't know the difference ? lol ) but even finding that colour in the multitude of those available is proving impossible!

Has anyone seen anywhere offering organza sashes in Hunter green???

Alternatively - would it look weird if we had chair covers with no sash at all and then hunter green table runners on the tables themselves.....?

9 replies

Latest activity by Arquard, 22 August, 2010 at 11:22
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Hunter would be the nearest:

One thing to remember if you wanted to do them using Organza from a roll it takes a LOT of fabric & would cost you more than buying them.

Alternatively you could use Silver Sashes & then use the Hunter Green for the table runners.

Here is a pic of Silver being used:

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, I really like the look of the silver. Where did the pic of the hunter green sash come from? I'd much rather get ready made ones than do it myself because a lot of our stuff is DIY so I don't want to take on too much.

• Frizzball
    Beginner October 2010
    Frizzball ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried here ? http://www.weddingmarts.com/wedding-sashes.html

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

FANTASTIC!! Thank you sooo much, they have exactly what I've been driving myself bonkers looking for ?

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Ok, next question then - tying the sashes... I wanted to do something a bit different from the usual bow at the back and found this picture of the sashes being draped instead. I have nooo idea how to do it though. Has anyone else gone for this instead of the bow? Did the venue guys know how to do it or did you have to do it yourselves?

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Thats the site one of the cheapest if you are buying retail.

The ones in the pic above look like they are actually part of the chair cover. You would need to have a Tafetta or Satin Sash to get that effect.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Yeah we were thinking of having satin rather than organza anyway as the colour is better.

• Frizzball
    Beginner October 2010
    Frizzball ·
    • Hide content

Hmm Im not sure organza heavy enough to tie like that

Sherrie might know

• Frizzball
    Beginner October 2010
    Frizzball ·
    • Hide content

Im too slow lol

• Arquard