Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2013

Face in hole photo board

Edgeworth1987, 23 of January of 2013 at 20:32 Posted on Planning 0 28

Hi there

I've seen those boards with a funny picture on and a hole where you put your face for a picture and would love to have one for my wedding reception for everyone to have photos taken. The thing is to buy or hire they are very expensive, does anyone know where I can get one that's not too much? I live in Bristol. Or I could make one?

Do you think is would be a fun idea or would just be annoying when you want to just party!!

thank you! X

28 replies

Latest activity by cupcake baker, 11 of November of 2014 at 16:26
  • D
    Beginner July 2014
    Duke_1987 ·
    • Hide content

Im looking in to this also, id love something like this!

• E
    Beginner September 2013
    Edgeworth1987 ·
    • Hide content

Exactly what I was thinking! Our reception is at a golf club so could have a golf themed one!

• D
    Beginner July 2014
    Duke_1987 ·
    • Hide content

Now my geography is shocking so im not sure how far Bristol is from Dorset but ive found this site.. Think she will paint whatever you like on, totally custom!

http://www.sweetdreamevents.co.uk/contact-me/

xx

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I like the idea but the issue with one of these rather then a photo booth is the photos might end up being a bit samey as it would be more restrictive on pose options.

• M
    Beginner March 2013
    miniloopie ·
    • Hide content

I'm very lucky that my dad is actually making one for us... So we're having a fake wall with a picture frame on it that people can look through - he's even painted on some wallpaper to make it look authentic - will post some pics when I have them!!

• D
    Beginner July 2014
    Duke_1987 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Uber jealous right now! Might have to persuade one of my joiner friends to make me one and il decorate it my self!

How are you transporting yours to the venue? Does it fold up or anything? x

• M
    Beginner March 2013
    miniloopie ·
    • Hide content

I'm feeling very lucky!! He's very talented and has come up with a frame design that we can screw together at the venue the day before. It's not a full length board so you will see people's legs out the bottom but I quite liked that, plus it's easier to transport too Smiley smile

i would say its an easy thing to DIY but I don't know that my dad would agree!!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I've made bespoke ones for clients at work before costing about £150-£200 a piece but I'm sure if it's a more generic one you're after you could find a 2nd hand one, or even borrow perhaps?

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'd never thought of a homemade one...brilliant idea! Our wedding is a 'Great British Seaside' theme, so this is something I've wanted all along for our reception, but didn't think it would be practical- the ones you can buy online look really naff and tacky (and I know that's kind of the idea, but there's naff and then there's NAFF!). I wanted a more vintage style one. Sounds like a DIY job might be the best solution! Thanks for the inspiration! ?

• M
    Beginner March 2013
    miniloopie ·
    • Hide content

I'm very excited, I've seen the first pictures of our photo booth and its fantastic - now busy rearranging the house in my head so we can have it on the wall afetrwards!! I definitely think its the way to go for us. We've also made sure that a couple of people know what to do with it so they can show everyone else!

Ill flash some pics when I have some more finished ones... I'd love to see what everyone else has done too Smiley smile

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I am based near Exeter, and have found a company called 'the very vintage hire company'. They have a website and a facebook page. They have things like this that we are going to hire. They are £35/40 to hire, so it might be worth contacting them to see if you could borrow them for Bristol?

Sorry the pictures are SO massive!

• lizzie1398
    Beginner January 2012
    lizzie1398 ·
    • Hide content

I had one for my wedding and the guests loved it! It's been clogging up my hallway since the wedding last year so need to sell it! I am in Cardiff if anyone is interested.

Liz xx

• lizzie1398
    Beginner January 2012
    lizzie1398 ·
    • Hide content

And you could also slot in celebrity faces to the other hole if you wanted which was cool!

• C
    Beginner January 2011
    Carlyr7 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm from Bristol too and went to a wedding fair recently and there was a company there that did these, I will try and find the name of them as I'm surei have a leaflet somewhere Smiley smile

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

I have one of the photo frame type boards that I have been meaning to sell, it has 4 picture frame holes and is wallpapered to look like a wall. I bought it for £100 I think so willing to sell it for £80 but it would need to be picked up from Milton Keynes ! Let me know if anyone is interested and I can find some pictures !

• B
    Beginner June 2014
    Babbo ·
    • Hide content

I Love this idea ;-) so fun and funky!!!!

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting some light-up letters from Vowed and Amazed (http://www.vowedandamazed.co.uk/other-props.html), but they also hire out this beach themed board - I think it's brilliant! They are based in High Wycombe, so probably an hour or so from Bristol - and you're allowed to pick up instead of deliver if you want.

M x

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

Hi niche79, could you send me some pictures please?

• E
    Beginner September 2013
    Edgeworth1987 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks that would be great :-)

• E
    Beginner September 2013
    Edgeworth1987 ·
    • Hide content

Blueypye those look amazing, thanks for the link!

• E
    Beginner September 2013
    Edgeworth1987 ·
    • Hide content

Lizzie1398 is that photo of your actual board? Have you sold it yet?

• lizzie1398
    Beginner January 2012
    lizzie1398 ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

Yes that's the actual board and I can send more pics. It's still for sale!

I replied to your message you sent before, did you get it?

Liz xx

• L
    Beginner
    Loopdeloop ·
    • Hide content

Hi niche 79 I'd be very interested please!

• lizzie1398
    Beginner January 2012
    lizzie1398 ·
    • Hide content

Still for sale if anyone wants it!

• L
    Beginner
    Loopdeloop ·
    • Hide content

Have you got a picture please?

• lizzie1398
    Beginner January 2012
    lizzie1398 ·
    • Hide content

Pic is here:

I can measure if anyone needs me to but I think its about 6ft tall.

Thanks,
    Liz

• lizzie1398
    Beginner January 2012
    lizzie1398 ·
    • Hide content

Moving house so really need to finally get rid of this. Open to offers if anyone wants it and can pick it up ASAP.

Many thanks,

Liz xx

• C
    cupcake baker ·
    • Hide content

Anyone manage to source a photobaord- i was looking to get a custom made one done but don't know where to start!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics