Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elixia
Beginner March 2014

face lift in a bottle for mum - advise please :)

Elixia, 26 of February of 2014 at 15:29 Posted on Planning 0 6

Ok, my mum had asked me to get her this: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/Skineance_Fast_Lift_30ml_with_Applicator_Brush.aspx?p=1

she's says she'll give me the money back, its just she doesn't like buy online and doesn't have internet. Now the reviews are terrible! I know she's self conscious about her wrinkles and such but I think she might be throw her money away getting this, hoping its gonna solve everything. I'm reluctant to buy it because she's bought similar things in the past that promise the world in a bottle and don't really deliver. She'll get sore if I don't get it for her, so do you girls know of anything that could be a decent alternative? something that works!

after reading some of these reviews i don't want her using it, getting a reaction half way through the ceremony and being in a state because of it, she'd be mortified and i don't wish that on her.

6 replies

Latest activity by Elixia, 27 of February of 2014 at 10:23
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I would be very wary about trying anything that has so so reviews. For a few pounds more, your Mum could have a non-surgical face lift at a beauty salon which does work. I have Genie facelift done every 3 months and have been doing for the last 15 years. My salon charges £37 and it lasts for around 10 weeks. I've tried, and spent a fortune on, lotions and potions in a bottle and none of them have done anything so I stick with the salon!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Just found a salon that does what you suggest only a stones throw from her house. now to form a plan of attack! She's not a fan of spa treatments, she doesn't like being 'handled' (I'm a little similar but I get over it except my eyes. i blink when anything goes within a mile of them!) hopefully If i express my concerns and show her a reasonable priced alternative she MIGHT come round.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean. I'm also not a fan of being handled by strangers either! It's not much more handling than a visit to the dentist though and apart from applying the gel on her face before the treatment begins, the rest of the touching is all done by 'electrode' type pads applied on the face and probes/rollers afterwards. It's very invigorating and relaxing and the results are really good. I always find my make up goes on a lot better too afterwards.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Does your mum realise that she can only wear powder make-up on top of this product? If She normally wears a liquid or mousse foundation she won't be able to with this. There are many of these kind of products and as soon as you add moisture it breaks down. Hopefully this information will help persuade her.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Gale Hayman does a youth lift which is a similar kind of thing. I used to buy it through QVC http://www.qvcuk.com/CatalogSearch?langId=-2&storeId=10252&catalogId=10152&keyword=youth+lift&x=0&y=0

However I get great results from Avon AF33

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

As overtherainbow has said the non surgical solution is really good, I've also bought frownies that are a good temporary top up for lines that need some extra attention. It is all temporary but it's a good temporary that definitely works.

Maybe buy her the first one so that she has to go?

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Mum doesn't have a lot of money, barely any in fact. i bought her MOB dress. thats why I'm trying to spare her throwing her money away on snake oil. Anyway i spoke to her about it and told her the less than stellar reviews and she said she'd stick to her cold creams. I mention the spa treatment and she might think about it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics