Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner September 2022 Durham

Face Masks?

R, 8 of April of 2021 at 12:34 Posted on Planning 0 9
Hi everyone. My wedding is scheduled for 13th August 2021 after been postponed from August 2020. My biggest concern is not the number restrictions, it's now face masks. Nowhere can I find advice or guidelines on the use of face coverings in regards to weddings.

Im really not wanting to go ahead if us and our guests are having to wear one on hopefully?a considerably warm Friday in August. I know it won't be required during eating and drinking. But I'm paying a lot for a photographer and to have all my bridal party dolled up just to be sweating it off under a mask and having photos of people wearing masks! I know it probably seems like a stupid concern and getting married isn't all about the pretty charade but honestly I have worn masks everyday at work (NHS) for 12 hour shifts I'm sick to death of them and would like to feel as far away from work on the day I get married.
So I'm asking if anyone is due to get married soon, have you been giving any advice or instruction to use masks? TIA

9 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 12:53
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It's not a stupid concern at all - we got married just before the ruling on face masks came in, and I'm so grateful that we did. I'd have hated to look round at the end of our ceremony and see a load of face masks instead of the faces of our loved ones!

I have no idea what will be required for weddings by August, but photographs outside should be able to happen mask free, so you could always do as much as possible outdoors. I think you may well have to wait until June to find out when masks will & won't be required, as they don't seem to announce details for each stage until that stage is reached.

• Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020 West Sussex
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I got married in September last year and this was a massive deal for me also so I completely get why you feel this way. We literally found out 2 days before the wedding that the registrars were insisting all guests wear face masks and I won’t lie it had me in tears! I just didn’t want masks in my wedding photos.

My venue were amazing and were able to negotiate with the registrars on a compromise that when everyone was seated they didn’t have to wear masks as there were less than 30 people in a room that could hold over 100.
    It didn’t make sense to me, as the bride and groom we were the ones closest to the people who were worried about having masks and we were exempt! Anyway we had a couple of guests who choose to keep theirs on but no one else did, and none of the bridal party or even the witnesses. And everyone just mingled a little until the registrars left and we carried on with the photos as normal.
    I would say speak to your venue I’m sure they have had this already happen and just mention to your photographer about it so they can avoid having masks if they are required obvious in shots.
    Good luck
  • S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    I have the same concern, we are due to get married 29th July 2021. We are really hoping masks won't be required but worst case we will try and get clear ones at least for immediate family and then masks in our wedding theme colour for the rest. As someone mentioned above try to have pictures done outside or have your guests eating or drinking!!
  • RomanticBrownStationery29719
    Dedicated
    RomanticBrownStationery29719 ·
    • Hide content
    I don't think there is clear guidance jet but you should propably assume that masks will be here to stay for the rest of the year as that's what had been said by government advisors so far on the news. Till everyone had been fully vaccinated which likely won't be till September gatherings without facemasks are just unlikely. But when sitting down as long as everyone is distanced or if you have everything outside you might be able to negotiate for at least some facemask free time/pictures.....
  • P
    Dedicated July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    Hi hun

Also a concern of mine. July 24th is our marriage date. I guess we have to wait for the next announcement and see what will happen x
  • H
    Beginner August 2021 South East London
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm having the same worries. We've just postponed (for the second time) from early June to mid-August, hoping that all goes to plan with the government's roadmap. As I understand it, the plan is for all remaining restrictions, including mask wearing, to be lifted on 21st June, but obviously that's not a guarantee and they won't decide that till nearer the time.

We've only ever wanted a small wedding so numbers aren't an issue. I just don't want to look back on photos with everyone in face masks. My other concern is that we have quite a few single guests/people coming alone, so if social distancing is required those people would have to sit on their own all day, and we wouldn't really be able to mingle with our guests properly. Also we've been told only ten people can fit in our ceremony room under the current rules! I think we will be postponing once again if there are still rules like that in place.

• ExpensivePinkFlowers63608
    Savvy April 2021 Somerset
    ExpensivePinkFlowers63608 ·
    • Hide content

We're on our 4th date now and I sure as hell don't want face masks there! (Though at this point I just want to get married!!) I thought it was "all restrictions lifted" from 21st June if everything went according to plan - and I thought that included social distancing and masks. If masks are still in place then I'm getting married outside.

• R
    Beginner September 2022 Durham
    R ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the responses everyone.
    I guess it's just a waiting game, I've gotten another day scheduled just in case. I just don't see face masks not being required anytime soon. X

• A
    Curious April 2021 Illinois
    AmberP ·
    • Hide content

Hello, we had this problem when we went to a friend's wedding. It was difficult, and the photos turned out very funny, but the main thing was that everyone was around. We were afraid of getting sick, so we wore masks, and we wanted to be there for our friends on the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics