Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

haylee81
Beginner May 2012

Face plan leading up to the big day?

haylee81, 20 of March of 2012 at 20:27 Posted on Planning 0 13

About a month ago the lady that is doing my make up for the wedding told me to prepare my skin, so I decided on purchasing the clinique 3 step. I've noticed the last week though I have started coming out in tiny little blister like spots on my face, I don't think it's the regime that's doing it as I've noticed them since changing my washing powder! BUT I could be wrong...what are you ladies doing/using as my skin is usually great and I can get away with no make up. I suffer with dry/itchy skin all over anyway but with so many products on the market never know which ones to try.

13 replies

Latest activity by *sweetpea*, 21 of March of 2012 at 13:33
  • Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I have quite dry skin and didn't like the Clinique 3 Steps as I find the soap dries my skin out too much and I prefer a cream cleanser. Hopefully it is just your washing powder as that is easy to change.

I'm using Clarins as I had a facial with them and got a tonne of freebies after buying their moisturiser and so far I really like it. My mum has really dry and itchy skin and she swears by Clarins.

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

Clinique stuff makes me break out. I have dry skin but oily moisturisers give me spots. My sister got me some Clarins hydra quenching balm which is water based so really suits me but kills my bank balance!

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

I found Clinique too stringent for me and it didn't suit my skin at all. But as you say it might be something else. I am doing a weekly face mask and have booked a facial a month. I am using a GORGEOUS shu uemura cleansing oil and the Olay 3 point moisturiser and eye serum. I MIGHT consider buying the clinique pore minimiser although it's £36 so not sure!

• MrsP2012
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsP2012 ·
    • Hide content

I was thinkin about using Clinique 3 step but heard similar rumors. So im sticking with Nivea, as i know my skin is ok with it. Just make sure i use twice a day. Normally just use it at night but tryin to do it in the morning aswell and always moisturise. Sometimes the expensive stuff isnt always the best ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Yea not a clinique fan either over priced rubbish in my opinion.

I generally have dry, sensitive skin prone to the odd break out.

I have recently purchased Nip Fab moisture fix https://www.boots.com/en/Nip-Fab-Moisture-Fix-Daily-Facial-Moisturiser-50ml_1126520/

Really happy with the results of this one....I have also tried some of the other products in the range and have not been as impressed but the moisture fix is defiantly a winner (IMO)

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

Think I may have to give something else ago, I was better off using dove soap and water to what I am now. I love the clinique make up but don't think I'll be buying there 3 step again

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

I've got dry sensitive skin and I have to use a cream cleanser or my face downright HURTS. I do use Clinique's dramatically different moisturizer, though, and I love it. As for other ways of preparing your skin, weekly exfoliation (or twice a week if you have less sensitive skin) can be done just just using a warm wet face cloth! Products with sandy grains irritate my skin, but using a face cloth is lovely, and it exfoliates just as well.

I'm considering switching from clinique moisturizer to bobbi brown extra repair spf25. I tried it out at the counter and loved it. I also tried the hydrating eye cream- but can anyone tell me why an eye cream is necessary?

• emze2011
    Beginner September 2013
    emze2011 ·
    • Hide content

Elizabeth arden! i swear by it!! i use there intervene range (serum and face cream) but il be switching to there 35+ age range stuff a month before the wedding as will my oh (i would use it all the time but they advised me as im not 35 yet it could damage my skin if i used it long term) its like a facelift in a jar! just go in and ask for a free sample you will see a difference after a day!

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The skin on your eyelid and around your eye is the thinnest anywhere on your body, and so I guess it needs a different consistency of moisturiser? I think the stuff for the rest of your face can clog up your pores under your eyes very easily...I am babbling...and I read A LOT of magazines, so I should be able to quote verbatim...but something like this, anyway!

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I meant to say I really like the Marks and Spencer cleansing milk, it's less than £5 a bottle and they have one for sensitive skin too.

• lady_lyla
    Beginner September 2013
    lady_lyla ·
    • Hide content

When I first met my OH my skincare regime was really terrible... face wipes, whichever face wash was on offer in boots and simple moisteriser... the first time he stayed over at mine, he put me to shame - I swear he had this massive bag full of face creams and stuff BUT his skin is ALWAYS perfect (and at 21 and given the amount of crap he eats I think that's pretty impressive).

I've never suffered from spots badly or anything, but at 25 my skin is super sensitive and I did suffer the odd breakout when I was due on... when we moved in together I took to using his Proactiv face stuff and it is THE BEST thing I've ever used... I don't even break out during my time of the month anymore and my skin always looks and feels amazing (people commented on the change after I'd started using his stuff).

It's called Proactiv and you can only buy it online as it's from the states I think and it is pretty costly but it's fantastic, I swear by it and now wouldn't use anything else.

https://www.proactiv.com/

St Ives face washes are also really good and slightly cheaper, I'd recommend the one with the salicylic acid in it... OHs secret weapon is Sudocrem too believe it or not!

• hopkins78
    Beginner November 2011
    hopkins78 ·
    • Hide content

As a rule my day-to-day skincare regime is pretty basic....cleanse & moisturise twice a day and I use a special eye cream too. I wouldn't say my skin looks radiant or glowing... just clean!

However in the run up to my wedding last year I spent some money on facials, eye lash tints etc. Tbh it was two sided for me, it gave me an excuse to down tools for a couple of hours and completely relax and helped my skin look radiant on the day. It was definitely worth the investment. My skin was the best it has ever been. Whilst it wasn't cheap (ap total £100 over 6 wks) it gave me a little extra confidence and my skin loved it! I am prone to the odd breakout and this was a real worry for me on the day but my facials helped and I was 100% spot and oil free!!!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I have dry sensitive skin and also a bit of rosacea so uneven skin and breakouts. I use the pink rose garnier cleanser from boots, have just run out so am using a Nivea one and that is fine too. I just use it at night, then in the morning splash some water on my face and use no.7 beautiful skin moisturiser for dry/very dry skin - it's really good! I exfoliate once a week with a Simple face one.

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

Hopkins I am glad to read your post! I have become slightest obsessed by getting my facial skincare just right in the run up to the wedding and have sometimes worried it's all in vain as it may not make a difference. I've heard other brides say that the best thing they did was the facials in the 2-3 months running up to the big day.

Venart, I think the thing about eye is defo about the fact the skin under your eyes is so thin that an intense serum helped keep it hydrated and therefore smooth. I am unfortunately quite wrinkly under my eyes but I think my skin was just dry so I'm hoping the Olay serum helps. If I don't notice a difference I just won't buy it again but I won't regret at least trying!

Oh I'm sooo tempted by the Elizabeth Arden creams now. ARGH!!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics