Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sam&Louise
Beginner September 2015

Facebook relationship status

Sam&Louise, 13 of November of 2012 at 15:05 Posted on Planning 0 6

Not strictly wedding related, but this may interest those listed as in a relationship/engaged/married on Facebook.

Anyone seen the "new" couples pages Facebook has rolled out?

Article here: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/12/tech/social-media/facebook-couples-pages/index.html

Just visit http://www.facebook.com/us to see yours

Apparently they're being switched over to match the timeline feature soon.

[quote]

"If you love someone on Facebook but don't love the new Facebook.com/us pages, here's more news, however, that might bother you: It's impossible to get rid of them."

[/quote]

Little preview/example for anyone who can't open link:

I know it's essentially the same as a "friendship" page, which they've apparently had for 2 years, but I still find it creepy. Anyone else?

6 replies

Latest activity by ellebob, 13 of November of 2012 at 16:39
    Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content

Bleurgh.... lol

No thank you!!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

I find ALL of facebook creepy.

its as user friendly as a brick to the face! theres too much drama, too many adverts and 'pay for privilege' games and people telling what they ate for lunch! took an HOUR to find out how to deactivate my account.

so this is another reason i wont go back!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

After reading the article, I *think* privacy settings still apply to individual posts, but the page itself can be viewed by anyone.

If your photos are set as friends only for example, only friends will be able to see photos/content on the page- but anything posted as friends of friends/public will be viewable by the relevant audiences. Things like mutual friends and shared "likes" seem to be public.

To see for myself I just tried it out with a couple of people I know are in a relationship (friends of parents) but i'm not friends with myself and could see everything :\

I think it's such a weird thing to introduce.

What's the point, aside from making it easy to nose through the details of someone elses relationship?

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

This has been around at least since I started using Facebook about 5 years ago, it's just got a different name now and a different layout (which is only due to Timeline being a different layout). I don't get the fuss I'm afraid. You've always been able to "view relationship"... it could be me and my H, or my H and my cousin, or two mutual friends etc. It just shows events they've been to together, photos together etc. Perhaps some of the privacy things could do with tightening up or being better explained to people but if you are careful and set your privacy settings properly to begin with, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

• ellebob
    Beginner February 2013
    ellebob ·
    • Hide content

Haha, the only post is from OH to me on a bday before we got together. We must look like we hate eachother!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics