Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Facebook Stalking

15 September, 2012 at 20:02 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 19

For once in my life I'm slightly speechless!

Now I do like a good FB stalk - sadly H's ex and her new meal ticket don't update theirs very often although there are a few photos of her looking hugely ugly and grossly fat which give me a good chuckle every now and again, boost the old ego a bit, make me realise that things could be worse!

BUT this spot of FB stalking really takes the prize - a few weeks ago I put an innocent comment on a male friend's page empathising with him that his ex had moved his children away from him, as the same thing has happened to us. I basically put - same here, nice isn't it, would never move away from my ex, children come first, etc - anyway I never realised that your FB inbox has an 'other' section. In that 'other' section waiting for me was a very nasty message from the boyfriend of this friend's ex (keep up at the back!) telling me how dare I sit there and slag off this ex, who the hell do I think I am, I look like a fat cheap tart, I need to get with the f*cking programme apparently, there's two sides to every story so shut the fk up, and finally, the best bit - keep your f*cking nose out.

Says the person with HIS nose in his gf's ex's FB, sending messages to his friends.

As I say, slightly speechless. Not even lowering myself to reply, have just blocked him and his girlfriend. Maybe one day I'll get the other side of the story..on Jeremy Kyle no doubt!

19 replies

Latest activity by SaSaSi, 17 September, 2012 at 18:49
  • ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

Haha oh dear. Surely he should be embarrassed at basically admitting he stalks his girlfriend's ex's FB!

• A
    Beginner June 2014
    Ashlili ·
    • Hide content

I never knew there was an 'other' message part until thebeginning of the year. Where waiting for me was a few emails, two from a man telling me that my other half was clearly cheating on me, and to confront him with it.The reason he knew was because it was with his OH. And one from this womans sons saying basically the same!!

The final message from the first man (hope you are keeping up) was saying soon got the wong bloke!!!!

He basically said to confront and split up with my OH, without checking it was the right person!!

I mean I love a good FB stalk but I wouldn't go so far as to send messages like that!!!!

• quackers
    Beginner August 2013
    quackers ·
    • Hide content

Oh that man is an idiot!

as for other messages I got this in June!

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me getting in touch. I'm doing a search around Facebook for honest and expressive women to be featured in a real-life story, and get paid for it too!

I'm a senior writer at a company called Medavia. What we do is pass on stories to a huge range of newspapers and women's magazines, such as Closer, Cosmopolitan and Grazia. We also work for TV programmes and documentaries.

Have you got a story to tell which you think other women might be interested to read? We're always keen to find stories focused on health, relationships, romance, family and crime, but I'm pretty open to hear whatever story it is you might have to tell.

We're offering between £200 and £2,000 for a phone interview and pictures.

Here are the kinds of stories we're particularly interested in:

Crime - did you convict someone for assault, rape, sexual abuse or another violent crime? Do you want to raise awareness and inspire other victims to come forward?
    Betrayal - were you hurt, cheated or betrayed by a sibling, partner, child or parent? Has your family fallen apart; are you ready to tell your side of the story?
    Romance - did you meet in exceptional circumstances or is your relationship unusual? Are people amazed you’re together?
    Health - do you have pictures of your unusual health condition? Has it changed your life in a way you didn’t expect?
    Families - do you have more than ten children or siblings? Have you made sacrifices to keep your family together?
    Weight - have you suffered from anorexia or obesity, or been on a diet? Have you lost or gained a lot of weight? You will need before and after pictures.
    Holidays - was your holiday memorable for an unexpected reason, good or bad? Do you have the pictures to prove it?
    Weddings - did you experience tragedy or betrayal on your hen-night, wedding day or honeymoon? Or did something extraordinary happen?
    Beauty - have you sacrificed money, health or relationships for your looks? Or to look like a celebrity? Do you have photos of your botched surgery?
    Crazy world - do you have a bizarre hobby, fetish or job? Is your lifestyle almost too strange to be true?

If you've got a story, it shouldn't take too long to get it down and get it out. If you're interested, perhaps you could send me a message back. Or, if you like, you can text or call me on **** or ring me at the Bristol office on ****. If you want me to call you to save your phone bill, that’s fine. Just message me your number and I’ll call you back.

If you think you might be up for telling your story but are still a little bit nervous, just call me and we can talk through what's involved. No pressure! If you don't have a story, but think you know someone who might, feel free to point them in my direction.

Look forward to hearing from you. Have a good day, regardless!

Many thanks,

Tom Knight

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha, i get stalked by MrMinis ex all the time. My status used to be public (I diddnt realise for a while) and she would check my account dialy and then text MrMini various insults/abuse/comedy around it. Normally that we should pay more to her if we can afford to eat out/go to thorpe park/buy a wedding dress etc.

Alas she has now blocked me on her main account. she still has her other open accounts but there is nothing on there.

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

Some people eh!

I have never noticed the 'other' section before. Wonder what dictates what goes in there instead of the normal messages. I had nothing exciting in mine ☹️

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content

Gah I didn't know aboutt his section so have people messaged me and it looks like I ignored them - which I hadn't intended to do.

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

How do you find 'other', , i've never seen it either???

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS. I don't know where this OTHER section is. Help! :-)

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if it's the same for everyone but on mine if you click messages in the apps bit at the side of the screen, a line appears underneath it saying other.. I had 2, both from things I'd liked at some point years ago, both well over a year old and totally uninteresting ☹️

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, when youre on your messages, its below it on the menu on the left hand side, above events. It's where messages from youre events youre involved in go too, i've also got a creepy youre beautiful and i would like to give you money from a weird guy!!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Oh my god there were loads of weird things in mine from a freaky guy who I had reported to the police years ago over his FB stalking! He had been cautioned over it and everything, why the hell are they still onthere when I had deleted them all?! What the F?!

• M
    Beginner February 2013
    MonJ ·
    • Hide content

Hello everyone, I'm a bit of a lurker on these pages, hope you don't mind me joining in.

I didn't know there was a 'other' section either. After reading this topic I went and checked it a few hours ago, only to be confronted with a horrible message from some woman telling me that my OH has been cheating on me. I've been very upset for the past few hours as we have had our ups and downs and trust has been a major issue and it's just dragged up a whole host of feelings that I never wanted to have to experience again.

Just feeling a bit sad that people send these messages with no care about the person on the receiving end. :-(

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Forget it. It will have as little foundation as the message I have just received from a random bloke, telling me he'd like me to start a new life with him in India. It's just spam, malicious and irrelevant internet babble.

• M
    Beginner February 2013
    MonJ ·
    • Hide content

Thank you that makes me feel alot better. :-)

Sat at my desk crying is not a great way to spend a Monday.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

are you going?

I only ever get good spam to my hotmail, perhaps I need to relax my Facebook settings?!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I assume the person isn't real or no pic against the MSG etc? Can you get on their page?

Ive logged into mine, first ever. Mostly MSG from pages I've liked but have 2 from 'men' who want to come up NI to live with me / whisk me off to their exotic homes (Ohio anyone?!) because I am so stunning I must be a model. How do people find the time to do shite like this?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics