Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lovelygirl
Beginner August 2011

Facebook stalking of friends, friends wedding photos....

lovelygirl, 23 of December of 2010 at 11:09 Posted on Planning 0 40

Please tell me everyone does this and i am not just a weirdie stalker, but when i see photos of wedding come up in my news feed of friends at weddings i have to thumb through them so i can see the bride in the dress, flowers and whatever else i can see! I don't bother with normal photos just wedding related photos.....

40 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsRon, 17 of February of 2011 at 11:15
  • knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Yep, at the moment, I facestalk photos of weddings... I am always curious about the kind of wedding other people have

• S
    Beginner January 2009
    sammy_wheeler ·
    • Hide content

Completly guilty of this hehe

• D
    Beginner June 2011
    Dinka ·
    • Hide content

Yup guilty as!

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha, i thought it was only me that done that!! ?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I read an interesting little article in a mag recently, about whether a bride would request that guests do not post any of her wedding photos on Facebook/etc, even to the extent of including a note in the invitation to the effect of "We politely request that you do not post digital images of our wedding on social networking or photosharing sites".

I had mixed feelings. Initially, I thought it ludicrous - surely the person who takes the photo is free to do with it as they wish? And then I remember the times I have "untagged" a less-than-flattering shot of myself posted by a friend and began to wonder if it there was something (albeit motivated by vanity) to it?

Thoughts?

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

*Proudly holds hands up*

Guilty!!!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I too am guilty of stalking not just wedding pics but any old occasion. It's a standing joke if im on the PC and my OH walks in the the room he says "Who are you stalking now" , , ? My answer is that they are put there for people to see.

I won't mind people putting our wedding pics on but I would like to have chance to put mine on first, , , ,

(double standards I hear thee shout), , ?

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Totally guilty!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I'm also guilty as charged!

• C
    creative wedding planner ·
    • Hide content

Yes seems perfectly normal to me to be curious. ?

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

Me too!

• Kitty824
    Beginner December 2011
    Kitty824 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Im going to have a polite word with my guests, since there is only going to be around 26 of us it shouldnt take too long, I am going to ask them not to put pictures of my wedding on Facebook, there are certain people who would have access to them and I dont want them to see them. If I had wanted them to see my wedding I would have invited them!

OH doesnt even have facebook so I know he'd be furious if he knew our pics were on there!

That said, I love looking at wedding pictures from everyone else even people I dont know haha! hypocritical I know but its my day so what the hell!

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

I look at everyone's - friends of friends etc. I even found myself wondering about buying a wedding mag today so I could look at some of the dresses in there *obsessed*

I didn't want my official pics on fb, but haven't got a problem with other ones. Actually unusually for me I liked all the pics people up of our wedding - perhaps everyone was judicious about which ones they put up!

• sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Yep, guilty as charged! he he

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am a primary school teacher who routinely has to turn down friend requests from pupils and parents. The last thing I want is for my wedding photos to be a discussed on the playground by the parents neither do I want my children to see me. With this in mind I included this in my invitations

Could I please ask that photographs are not uploaded onto Facebook or any other networking site unless you have the highest security settings as I have no doubt that my extremely resourceful, curious and computer literate pupils will do their best to find 'Miss *************'s' photos on line.

Having said that I am completely guilty of looking through other peoples. TBH it's not other people I have a problem with it is just the pupils and parents but I can't block one lot without the other.

• Holly-Jayne
    Beginner August 2012
    Holly-Jayne ·
    • Hide content

I am guilty of it too!

However I too would not like my photos on facebook unless I could limit who could see them as there are a group of people I would not like to be able to see any part of our day.

So I guess its more of a personal thing really but I have to say I had never even thought about it until now.

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

I have put a mention in our information sheet that i don't want pics of us on facebook as we very rarely if ever put pics of ourselves on facebook..... and i don't know i don't want the world and his wife to see them!

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

I'm 100% guilty of the facebook stalking of other weddings.

At first I thought that I definitely didn't want my pics on facebook - but then I culled all my friends down to only those I know and see and my internet weirdie acquaintances who are mostly from Hitched anyway. I'd like my old friends who I couldn't invite to see my pics and I don't mind if others want to stalk my wedding. But it sounds like I'm in the minority!

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, totally guilty of doing this!!

I'm not bothered if pictures of our wedding end up on Facebook, though I hate it when people put mushy, or twee captions with the photos! A friend had been to a wedding and the photos she took were lovely, but the captions made me want to stick my fingers down my throat ?

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, totally guilty of doing this!!

I'm not bothered if pictures of our wedding end up on Facebook, though I hate it when people put mushy, or twee captions with the photos! A friend had been to a wedding and the photos she took were lovely, but the captions made me want to stick my fingers down my throat ?

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

Guilty as! I may have added a few hitchers to nosey at their wedding photos! (I do blatently tell them my purpose of the friend request and say who I am on here! - In my defence I have had hitchers do the same in return!)

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

Tinks - that is the wholeeeeee reason why I will not join facebook, my friends dont understand but its just something I dont want to get involved with.

Our guests posted pictures of our wedding on their page and I wasnt comfortable with it in the slightest but being the netgeek I am they would have just laughed in my face had I asked them to remove them...

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

Everyone is different but I for one have no problem with my photo's being on Facebook, i'll be the first to upload them! ?

Facebook is a social networking site so i've never really understood the people who are on there who don't then wish to use it for their own social networking and sharing? I also work in a school so understand all those implications.

I do believe you can if you want to spend the time, actually choose who can see your photos from your friends and who cant- my friend has done this with pictures of her kiddies. I can see them but someone else who is 'friends' with her cannot.

• D
    Beginner June 2011
    Dinka ·
    • Hide content

I We are getting married abroad, and then we are having a party the weekend after we get back with all our full wedding attire etc... So i have asked all the guests who are coming abroad to not post anything online until after the event, as we want everything to be a surprise and we are having a slide show of the photo's too. So although people are free to do what they like with photos they have taken, It would only be fair fro them to wait a while if you asked them.

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

It's one of the main reasons I stay on facebook LOL

If I know one of my friends is going to a wedding I make sure I check back to see the photos, most of the time I have no idea who the B&G are but I love having a nosey at the pictures!

Day after my SIL2B's wedding I was busily uploading and tagging as a way to distract me from my raging hangover ?

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not on facebook anymore - I was sick of being dragged into domestics and I got sick of hearing myself moan about what ppl were using facebook for. H2B also deleted his facebook account as his ex kept sending him messages and trying to add him as a friend. We're asking guests not to put any photo's on facebook - don't want friends of friends (who we don't know) seeing pics of our wedding day! We're only havin about 20 guests and that's the way we want to keep it. But each to their own I suppose...!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Oh yeh thats a given!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS and i love a good nosey at peoples pics when im bored ?

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

Guilty as charged !!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Lightmachine, is it "resurrect old threads day" today

?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Won't bother me if guests put pictures on Facebook before we get our "official album" - I'm totally sure they won't be as good as the professional pictures, which when we get them I'll put them on our website "forever" and don't care who sees them. It's not like they can't find other pictures of me/us online.

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

All the time!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics