Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shnarfy1
Beginner November 2010

Facial Hair?

Shnarfy1, 20 of October of 2010 at 14:47 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

I've been wanting to post this for a while but felt reluctant to as it's something I'm very sensitive about. I have quite dark hair which appears on my upper lip and a few little black hairs sometimes appear on my chin. I get them waxed frequently and everytime I go the woman is really kind saying that I would be surprised by the amount of women who visit her to get their facial hair waxed. My mum has PCOS and has a lot of hair growth on the underside of her chin which she also gets waxed which I guess makes me more paranoid about my own.

Does anyone else suffer from the dreaded facial hair?

13 replies

Latest activity by Zeeshan, 1 of September of 2023 at 08:08
  • Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I don't but, as far as I know, it is a common occurrence. Have you spoken about it with your GP? It may be something that's a sign of another issue which can be treated. It might just be that you're more hairy than some people.

Laser treatment would work for a more permanent solution but I imagine it's quite pricey.

Sorry Im not much help.

Well done for speaking out though.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

I'm dark so get a bit of fuzz on my upper lip but get it waxed. I had a test patch done for laser treatment and it doesn't hurt at all - in fact, it is less painful than waxing. The only trouble with laser treatment is it is quite pricey.

For a course of 6 treatments on the upper lip it is about £300 or £75 per treatment.... and the glabella (the bit inbetween your eyebrows) is about £200. They often have offers on around Crimbo & New Year at the Sk:n clinics around the place.

I'm just saving my pennies to get my mootash done. Like CB says though, it could be PCOS so go and see your GP before undertaking any aesthetic treatment as they might be able to give you treatment. x

• FIONATS73
    Beginner August 2009
    FIONATS73 ·
    • Hide content

I am quite light but do get a little on the corners of my upper lip but because its so fine now and light I have it waxed about every 8 weeks. PCOS is a major cause of facial hair due to hormones etc, or the other thing is age sadly

• MarieMarie1980
    Beginner August 2010
    MarieMarie1980 ·
    • Hide content

I suffer quite badly as well. My mum suffered as well but was very fair haired and my dad was dark haired so I got the worst of it!

I have recently purchased a IPL machine from boots (Intense pulsed light). It was pricey (£270), but offers permanent hair removal after a 12 week course of treatment. I am currently on week 4 and can definately see a difference in the hair growth on my fair. The machine has an attachment at the end of the cable (I call it the zapper). You put the zapper on your skin and push the button. A strong flash on light comes out of the 'zapper' - It is hot on my skin when it flashes but no further pain or discomfort.

I would throughly recommend it.

I hate my hairyness!! ? for you!

Mx

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

I think I know which machine you're talking about, well Boots had a display machine at any rate! It is expensive but it's something that I would think of investing in if it really did have good results plus you can have as many treatments as you want without thinking "Oh, I've got to fork out £100 every treatment." I really am not very well off so professional laser hair removal isn't an option. I also heard that aging causes you to produce more facial hair so I'm in complete despair that I'm only 20 and have to wax every 3 weeks. Stupid bodies!

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

I am the proud owner of a blond moustach....well not proud because its waxed every 6 weeks because although its blond it really shows up when i wear make-up. I enquired about laser treatment and apparently it doesn't work on blonde hair as well as dark.....so its a wax job everytime i go for a hair cut.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I get it everywhere but being a guy I guess it's kinda expected...

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Useful, aj, ta.

Anymore thoughts on what you're going to do, shnarfy? The machine might be cheaper in the sales and you can add your advantage points too.

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

My friend's MIL has that IPL machine and raves about it. I'd get one but I'd prolly end up going a bit OTT and getting rid of my eyebrows.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Sort of WSS. I'd get one but I'd prolly end up going a bit OTT and getting rid of Mr CB's eyebrows.

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content

I think I'll take a look in the January sales for the machine but I guess at some point I should really go to the doctors. I do have other symptoms of PCOS and my mum has it too I'm just scared incase they want to take blood and they are a pretty crappy surgery with terribly doctors anyway. I need a kick in the arse and then I'll go!

• Shnarfy1
    Beginner November 2010
    Shnarfy1 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I think so....?

• Pittabre
    Pittabre ·
    • Hide content

I have a VERY hairy face, long blond hairs on my cheeks, apparently according to my son I;m like a peach. However the hair on my top lip gets darker which my loving husband is quick to point out when it gets too long.

And whilst pregnant the hair under my chin goes mental and grows dark and long.

As you get older it affects you more as the hormone balance in your body changes, eventually it is the women without the facial hair that end up being the odd ones out!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics