Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

budgetbabe
Beginner July 2010

Facials

budgetbabe, 2 April, 2010 at 21:07 Posted on Planning 0 6

My skin isnt the best and im prone to (monthly) breakouts but obv i want to look my best for my wedding.

Although i have a good skincare regime, because my skin is quite sensitive i tend not to have facials as in the past when ive had one although my skin has felt really cleansed, all the impurities get drawn out and i inevitably end up getting a few spots for a week or two afterwards.

We are spending a night at a spa for my hen and i will want to be pampered head to toe but not sure if i should give the facial a miss as it will only be a few weeks before the wedding and the last thing i want is to end up having to cake my face in concealer!

i have been using the soap and glory skincare range and have noticed a good improvement but like everything else it does lose its effectiveness after a while.

Any ideas/advice on getting beautiful, clear, radiant skin that wont cost me an arm and a leg???

6 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 3 April, 2010 at 07:11
  • The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

My skin is a bit like yours and iam also having a spa weekend thing for my hen do at the butlins Ocean Hotel and Spa in Bognor! (about 6 weeks before the wedding) and im having an 'aquablitz' facial its aimed at such skin types im also having a full body wrap thingy.

One product i swear by is Body Shops seaweed facial wash and their moisturiser its FAB!!! i also cheat a bit as the doc has put me on oxytetracycline to improve things but it works a treat!! x

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I went last sat to get my eyebrows waxed, who told me how my skin was very dry, and all that. My skin would be very combination i thought. I would also be prone to spots so I would have been a big fan of the spot blitzing face-washs, clensers etc. So she recommended a facial and it was fab! She recommended using stuff for sensative skin and not using my spot blitzing stuff. I have been very good this week and i Bought a sensative skin oil of Olay moisturiser wee pot. Nt skin has been so much better. Still have the odd wee spot, but not as many. My skin feels and looks so much better. I have decided now to have a facial bout every 6 weeks or so between now and my wedding. And I must remember to MOISTURISE and not Exterminate!! lol

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

well i really think i need to get to the doc! when i was younger i was on a contraceptive pill called dianette which worked a bloody treat but after i had my boys the doc gave me the implanon implant in my arm which has been nothing short of a living hell! but its due out next month so i was thinking of going back on dianette..... but maybe i should be getting some sort of cream to use too. the thing is the doc isnt very sympathetic because its not like its acne or anything.... but it really gets you down - other folk say you can hardly notice blah blah blah but its different when its you!!

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

I too suffer badly with monthly acne! It began when i hit 21 and has continued over the past 5 years! I have tried literally everything from clinique to boots own products. Everything works for the first month and than never again!

However, i recently had a dermologica facial and have been using thier medibac range. It is pricey unfortunatly but so far this seems to be the best yet! However, i have my facials at my local college by the trainee beautition students... 1hour 1/2 later and £4 lighter (yes 4 quid!!!!!) i have lovely skin and it lasts! This facial should cost around £30. I highly reccomened phoning your local college! I was worried about going to my first appointment but they are excellent!

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried the John and ginger site for dermalogica stuff, i used to get all mine from there when i used to use it x

• budgetbabe
    Beginner July 2010
    budgetbabe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

this sounds like a very appealing idea (my bank manager will be pleased!!!)

the only problem is i work mon-fri 9 to 5 (im sure theres a song in there somewhere...) so i'd need to take a 1/2 day or something, hmm could be done! thanks so much! xxx

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My daughter had this and she also had big flare ups and piled weight on too. She had it out and definitely wouldn't have it in again. Regarding facials for sensitive skin, I go to the beauty salon every other month and have a Crystal facial which takes a very fine layer of top skin off to reveal new skin underneath. It's great for wrinkles, uneven colourtone, and spots etc. I have ultra, ultra sensitive skin so there are a lot of products I can't use because they clog up the pores and bring me out in spots but this is brilliant. I've been having it done for about 3 years now. It gives you a "red' glow afterwards, a little bit like you've caught the sun but this disappears overnight and you can't wear make up for 24hrs (they recommend 48 but I can't go that long without my slap LOL!) My local salon charge £33.50 for this treatment.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics