Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Fairytale Brides - Bury

17 September, 2012 at 09:00 Posted on Planning 0 7

Has anybody bought their dress from here? I am going to make an appointment and was wondering if anyone had any reviews :-) EXCITED! If you haven't, do you have any other recommendations for the Greater Manchester/ Cheshire area? xXx

7 replies

Latest activity by 2BMrsPrice, 18 September, 2012 at 21:35
  • katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

Mines from The White Closet in West Didsbury South Manchester, its a lovey shop! x

• snow-woman
    Beginner April 2013
    snow-woman ·
    • Hide content

On a last minute trip back to my mum's i tried to get an appointment there at short notice but couldn't and went to Bellissima in Holcombe Brook/Ramsbottom instead - they were really really lovely and very understanding of my nervousness (1st time trying on!) and indecisiveness!

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

I have seen them at wedding fairs, they are really lovely ladies. you could also try Proposals in Swinton.

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

I went here, although the staff were very friendly, everything was hugely overpriced and felt like I was being pushed to buy something. I also went next door for my b.m's and the staff weren't very helpful, they clearly didn't want to be there.

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

I've not been but I can recommend Just Gorgeous in Crawshawbooth and Novaks in Rawtenstall.

• JayneyB
    Beginner November 2012
    JayneyB ·
    • Hide content

I feel like I have been to loads of shops in MCR.

I had spoken to Fairytale but they don't seem to like larger than a size 12, the lady was nice enough but a little dismissive.

Bride be Lovely in the centre again was for slimmer brides (not sure if they are still open though)

Mia Sposa in the centre were lovely and when I went had a good selection of dresses although I thought they would have more going off what they lady at a wedding fair said.

Esme Bridal in Bury, Nice lovely girl who helped me, and the dresses were pretty, they just didnt have any WOW dresses for me.

The Secret Bridal Boutique on the Rock in Bury. Oooooh they had some NICE dresses, and made time for me even though I just walked in. (not many dresses for the curvy size 16 though). My third choice was from here.

Celebration Village had many dresses but they were all a little bit tatty, but good place to go to get an idea of styles, the lady I had was a bit like an aunty who knew better than me..

Bridal Couture Italia in Bolton were lovely and they had the disney dresses I really wanted to try on!

Bridal by Deo, Bolton I ended up getting my bridesmaids dress from here, had some lovely gowns but again, your standerd gowns, nothing wow for me

There was another one on the same road as the previous two, but I didn't like it so didn't stay...

Lacy Days in Ramsbottom was lovely and had a dress that was in peacock colours!!! But I had found mine by that point but they had some very pretty dresses.

Bride to be by Hannah Lois in Prestwich had some gorgoues gowns, and Hannah was very helpful and there was no pressure at all.

I eventually got my dress from CHeshire Bridal in Altrincham.....Soooo helpful and lovely !

Hope this helps...Enjoy the experience,try different styles and wear a strapless bra and proper pants! ?

(Oh I miss dress shopping)

Beginner May 2013
    2BMrsPrice ·
    • Hide content

I’ve got my dress from there (I’m bigger than a size 12!) they was so helpful and made me feel so special when I went to try dresses on I couldn’t ask for more!! Went back this week to get measured and again they was so helpful, they didn’t need to ask my name as they remembered me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics