Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner October 2022 Bedfordshire

Family arguments

Jane, 9 of May of 2021 at 23:32 Posted on Planning 0 2
My family has a lot of old people who are unable to travel. Some have problems and not happy to fly. My partner however really wants a wedding abroad in Europe.

My family members say they won't travel because its an issu. My partner says I need to think about their choices for the wedding too.

I dont feel comfortable leaving them and having my wedding without them. How am I supposed to keep us both happy?

2 replies

Latest activity by Melissab, 10 of May of 2021 at 16:49
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    I'm a little biased as I'm not much of a traveller, but could u not have the wedding at home and honeymoon in Europe? Or maybe a small do of some kind at home with a meal and then an organised celebration abroad for others able to attend? Forgetting everyone else for a moment, including ur partner, where do u want to get married? Good luck!
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    I’m going to suggest very similar to Louise. Firstly, if travel wasn’t an issue for anyone, would you actually want to get married abroad? My partner suggested it, but it’s not something I’ve ever wanted so I said no.

Secondly, is it very important to you that these family members attend (it sounds like it is). If so, then explain this to your partner. I’m sure if you both had a calm discussion about it, he’d understand.
    Another option you could consider, is a wedding abroad and a reception back home that everyone could attend. However, don’t suggest this if it’s very important to you that these family members actually see you get married. I’m sure your partner would understand. Mine initially wanted to get married abroad. I didn’t for certain reasons, and when we discussed it he understood my points and we agreed not to.
    Having said that, he is now getting the honeymoon he wants. A cruise. I’m terrified of water! 😳🤣

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics