Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner May 2024 West Midlands

Family elopement venues? Couple + 2 young kids

First Time Bride, 26 of October of 2022 at 09:53 Posted on Planning 0 5
Help! I'm looking for a venue for us and our two young children (7+4), I originally had my heart set on "squirrels nest" but as gorgeous and aesthetically pleasing as it is, I think the kids would be bored quite quickly as there doesn't seem much around to do (if anyone knows there is please let me know!).

I'm thinking a beach elopement with the kids might be better, spend the day playing on the beach, get married and have pizza or something,
Or if there's any woodland type venues with fun things nearby to do with the kids. We're not the "relax" type of couple, we love to be doing something, getting married then feeding animals on a farm or playing in the sea, anything really.
Happy to consider anywhere at all, just don't want to spend a fortune as it's only the 4 of us but if it's the right venue...I'll stretch
If anyone has suggestions I'd love to hear 🤍 thanks everyone xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Georgegaise, 10 of November of 2022 at 00:47
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2023 Cumbria
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content
    I found through my research for our venue that there’s loads of venues in the Lake District that offer elopement style packages or ‘just us’ packages. You could get married and spend the rest of your trip climbing or paddle boarding, swimming or boating! We’re not having an elopement but the photographer we’ve booked over there certainly does a lot of elopement weddings so I think it’s quite a popular thing for the Lakes
  • F
    First Time Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh thankyou that's really helpful!!xx
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Bear in mind who could be your 2 witnesses when you are looking at options. I'm not sure if elopement packages include staff who act as witnesses for you.
  • F
    First Time Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou, the ones I've contacted so far, all have staff happy to witness but I do have to remind myself to ask some of them 🫣
  • E
    Beginner September 2024 Lancashire
    Elizabeth ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.millbrookestate.co.uk/ have beautiful elopement packages. It looks like they have a little farm, and they also have staff who are happy to act as witnesses

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics