Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

NorthumberlandBride

Family feud is making me sad

NorthumberlandBride, 17 of February of 2012 at 22:53 Posted on Planning 0 5

So ive been looking at my wedding invite list - just to give me ideas on numbers since i added some and took some away... theres a stpory here

at christmas my paternal grandfather had a little "speech" for me about how he "had thoughts" on my wedding, told me my fiancee was horrible and didnt like him (even though he has made NO effort to get to know him in nine years together) anyway ended up teeling me he wished that i had died instead of his wife who died a few years ago and basically ruined christmas. I stormed out, told him i never wanted to see him again - my fiancee, mother, grandmother and great aunt followed. i decided i did not want this man at my wedding - or in any part of my life

the thing is that now i feel like i cant invite his brother, or my dads brother and his wife because there will be too much tension about it.

its making me sad because i feel like im losing half of my family, but i really don't want him at my wedding. He doesnt exist to me any more (this has been a long time coming in a very turbulent relationship between us for as long as i can remember)

has anyone else been through this?

5 replies

Latest activity by kyla25, 18 of February of 2012 at 08:18
  • NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content

The thing is my great uncle isnt so close, but i do like him and i know he's already sided with my grandpa because my "caholic mother" has poisoned me - which leads me to believe he really hasnt got or side of the story so im afraid he would cause tension. then My uncle Mike and his wife would come from south africa and i havent seen them for years

i can have my day without them - i think i would cause me less stress - but i still feel sad that my family is broken up like this. especially as people are going to ask where they are

Smiley sad

its so stressful!

AND YES i am marrying the man of =my dreamsd and that is the important thing.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

As the saying goes you can choose your friends but don't get to choose your family ☹️

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

I would ask who you want to ask. If they are not happy coming because your gradpa isnt invited then that is up to them, you will know that you tried.

• K
    Beginner February 2014
    kyla25 ·
    • Hide content

Rs celebrating the beginning of your marraige, spend t with who u wnt xxxxThey could be thinking that you might not want to invite them because of what happened, They could be really happy that you do and might not of expected it........Invite them, its your day and your choice, you will only ever have 24hou

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics