Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner May 2019

Family Only Wedding Abroad

HellenicBride, 11 of January of 2019 at 15:19 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 4

Hello all. My fiance and I are not into the idea of a big expensive wedding - we already have a son and we would rather spend the money on buying a bigger house to be honest.

I'm British and he's Greek, and we want to get married in Greece. We're thinking of semi eloping, ie. only inviting our families and keeping it secret from everyone else until afterwards. However, lots of our friends are already making noises about how excited they are for our wedding and we expect some people to be quite pissed off if we don't have a massive affair. Obviously our wedding our choice, but has anyone else done this and how did it go?

4 replies

Latest activity by HappyPinkDecor13089, 20 of March of 2019 at 15:32
  • L
    Dedicated June 2019
    LuxuriousPurpleBridesmaid73066 ·
    • Hide content

My friends brother and his wife did this as they just wanted a quiet family wedding in Italy. They decided to have a party in Britain after for all their friends. Everyone understood why they had done it and the party was enjoyed by all.

• T
    Beginner April 2019
    TT12345 ·
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are too scrapping the idea of having a big wedding and possibly going abroad to get married and inviting family only (and making a holiday out of it). We're not considering throwing a party/dinner afterwards though, as this would also cost money to host (which is the main reason why we're not having a big wedding in the first place). I don't know how that will pan out though... still undecided as to whether we would tell our friends before getting married or tell them afterwards!

• R
    RomanticBrownBridesmaid35578 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Did you ever consider marry in Portugal?

• R
    RomanticBrownBridesmaid35578 ·
    • Hide content

Hello

Did you ever consider marry in Portugal?

• H
    Beginner September 2020
    HappyPinkDecor13089 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with one of the above posters - hold your own romantic dream wedding in Greece with just your immediate loved ones. And then hold a party in UK once your'e back in your local with a nice beer garden or something - offer a round of drinks but it shouldnt cost more than that

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics