Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Dedicated July 2022 Durham

Family troubles

Charlotte, 18 of April of 2022 at 11:42 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 2
Hello, after some advice. Me and my partner were getting married in November, My brother was meant to be a groomsmen and his W2B a bridesmaid, however, me and partner decided that we just wanted a small intimate ceremony so apologised to all of the wedding party and still explained we would still love them to join us, this was end of July 2021. We've then, brought it forward, due to close family members health, as we wanted them with us, which isn't guaranteed for November. Since apologising to the wedding party, my brother and partner have ignored me and my H2B messages. He's seen and read messages from us but doesn't reply. He'll call and send our parents messages, and he's invited everyone other than me and my partner to their engagement party. I'm a little upset they haven't replied to us and hurt that we haven't been invited to their party. I'm so confused 😕 we get married in July and I've asked for RSVPs back before May which I still think is a little later than average?
My partner hasn't invited certain family members he'd like there for my brother and partner to come. I don't know how to approach the situation. Xxx

2 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 18 of April of 2022 at 13:28
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    This is so hard and sad, your brother should respect your wishes and does it really matter if he has a role?! The fact he is invited should be an honour enough. If you don't get a reply by thebd asline I would then invite the other people, as hard as it will be do you really want then there when they have behaved this way?or if you are that upset I would call her m out and send a message to explain how you feel, he is your brother, so it is upsetting he is being like this. Don't mention his party, explain why you have changed your mind and you are sorry if it has upset him but the way he is acting is hurting and upsetting you. If he doesn't rely then am afraid you will need to accept it and move on and plan your day the way you want it. I really hope you can get it sorted but just make sure you are doing what you want to do
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated July 2022 Durham
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really appreciate your reply, I have actually sent a letter stating that we are really sorry about the wedding party and even sorry for the change of date being short notice and if its been any inconvenience however its been changed due to close families health but didn't get anything. This would probably be about 6 weeks ago. At first I thought be he didn't receive it so my partner messaged asking if he'd received it and he ignored the message. I can't actually believe it's happening. I'm stunned. I chuckle in front of my parents and partner but I'm so confused. I know they both do shifts and are extremely busy, but I'm in the same area of work with shifts. So I dunno if it's been the wedding party that's upset them or the date change. Maybe both, haha 😕

I think I might just have to accept it to be honest, as hard as it may be.
    Thanks Charlotte xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics