Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

FaeBelle13
Beginner April 2013

Fancy a nosey at a posh house?

FaeBelle13, 12 of September of 2012 at 16:06 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 20

I know there was a thread the other day about expensive houses, but I wasn't at work, so not hitching. I just had some property details sent through the post (to my boss, not me sadly) and they were of this house:

https://www.knightfrank.com/properties/residential/for-sale/dock-lane-beaulieu-brockenhurst-hampshire-so42/win110285

What a beast, I hope he buys it and has a house warming party!

20 replies

Latest activity by ATB, 13 of September of 2012 at 15:12
  • Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Blimey!!! That house is amazing! Looks like a bond villan should live there!

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

Looks very pretty but I don't think I'd ever feel comfortable in a house like that.. looks too big! I like our wee flat even if it is always messy cos there's no space for H's stuff (he seems to collect junk at an alarming rate)

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

What is the red circular thingy? Is that a bed? *thicko, not used to posh uber modern houses*

• Becklarrr
    Beginner
    Becklarrr ·
    • Hide content

Blimey! Your boss is rich! But i wouldnt like it too big, i like cosey houses which you can make feel homely ?

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

The red circular thing is a carpet, with a weird uber modern fireplace in the middle. No my taste personally, a bit flashy. I like cosy houses too.

This opinion might change if I had £12m to spend on a house, maybe I'm bitter.

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

It's a bit flashy and not to my taste, but hell I wouldn't say no if someone offered it to me ?

It has beautiful gardens though, and I like the long corridor bits. Might be a bit hot in summer with all that glass.

I think he should definitely buy it and invite you to a house warming. Tell him how wonderful it is!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I love uber modern houses but i think this actually looks a bit dated and the finish does not look to be of mega higher quality then most new build these days.

• MrsA2012
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsA2012 ·
    • Hide content

I'm that tragic that I've already had a nosey at that house on right move. In fairness, it's not that far from where we live. Bit swish for me. Not a fan of open plan.

• Agouti
    Beginner September 2013
    Agouti ·
    • Hide content

Those sorts of houses always remind me of what my mum says when she sees massive houses "oh but imagine cleaning all those windows!". I suppose if you can afford a £12million house you can afford a cleaner!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Like someone else said, looks just like a Bond villain house.

I'm not sure I could live there, but I wouldn't mind visiting! Or chasing villains there. Imagine chucking them through the windows*

*is a Bond girl for sure.

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

Can i come to the housewarming please x

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

It looks like a fancy leisure centre.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's exactly what I thought.

I like the swimming pool and the bedroom with that amazing view, but I definitely couldn't live there. I doubt he will buy it, but if he does, all hitchers welcome to the party I will be arranging!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Is it weird that the bathroom scares me a little?

I feel like if i got in the bath, it would swallow me up and i would never get out again!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha! I thought similar! I don't think I'd be able to get in it

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

it's the getting out that concerns me, id be like an old lady, would definatly need to get bars attached!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hoist for me! Lower you in and drag you out!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

That's horrible!!! Love the location and grounds though, they don't suit the house. Looks like a space ship has landed in the gardens accidentally!

Also there is not a scrap of clutter anywhere else in the house (obviously) so why leave what look like dirty face cloths by the bathroom sinks?

If I win the lottery I already know which house I want, and it's ancient! Conversation with current owners would go like such:

"Hello, I've just won the lottery. I'm off to the USA for a month, please be out of my house by the time I get back."

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics