Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs Bass
Beginner March 2011

Fancy Dress Help- Labyrinth!!!

Mrs Bass, 16 of September of 2013 at 14:11 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

My friend has decided that the theme for her 30th is going to be the movie Labyrinth!

In particular the Masquerade scene! I considered (for about 30 seconds) comming up with a costume of one of the creatures but then my friend offered to lend me this, so Ive taken the easy option!

what i remember from the film is big dresses with big, puffy shoulders! I got a minky coloured Tshirt dress from primani for £3 the other day. i was thinking of going to fabric land and getting some tule (cream, brown and glittery) to add puffy sleeves and a big puffy skirt (more than likely with a stapler!)

Do you think this will be ok? will probably throw a lot of glitter make up on as well!

im open to any other suggestions!!

12 replies

Latest activity by MrsMeldrew, 17 of September of 2013 at 13:05
  • Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

That's my plan!! sounds like she is going to go crazy with decorations too!!! I'll have to take lots of photos!

• Meltdown
    Dedicated September 2021
    Meltdown ·
    • Hide content

How long do you have? I would start trawling through local charity shops for 80's wedding dresses, a diana style dress would fit the bill.

What sort of budget do you have?

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

2 weeks! eeks!

That is a good idea, however might prove tricky as finding one that does up as i currently look like i have a basket ball up my top! might be worth a quick look on my day off though.

Want to spend as little as possible!!

• Meltdown
    Dedicated September 2021
    Meltdown ·
    • Hide content

What about buying a skirt? these might work? if you brought 2 there may be enough tule to make the sleves as well.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh they are pretty!!!!

Thanks!!

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

Can I come too!? I would love to go as the worm Smiley laugh

You costume sounds great, are you going to go for the huge 80's hair too? Smiley winking

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

Love the idea but I would have been tempted to have glued old toys etc to a top and gone as one of those dump ladies (after the masqurade scene). There;s quite a few tutorials on line for quick no-stitch tutu skirts that might do if you wanted to go down the tulle route and bling up the primani dress. Might be cheaper to follow the charity shop route though? Awww labryinth....

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Sounds great to me. Not a fancy dress lover myself but I love labyrinth and it sounds like loads of fun. Looking forward to some flashes!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I did think of the worm as i thought it would be easy but i think lots of people will opt for that!

Oh thanks for the online tutorial tip- I'll have a google!!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

Just go as the baby! Red and white stripey onesie, bib, sorted!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Claire_Lou- i wont lie, i did consider this! :-) thought id be warm and comfy!

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

Great idea for a fancy dress party! I dressed as Jareth for my friend's hubby's 30th (movie theme). I also have a red and white striped fleecy onesie should you want it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics