Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2012

Fanhams Hall

sc2347, 13 March, 2011 at 22:54 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi All,

We're looking at getting married in May 2012 and are considering Fanham's Hall in Ware, Hertfordshire. Just wondering if any one is getting married there or has had any past experience of attending weddings there and what it was like?

Thanks!

:-)

7 replies

Latest activity by Gurzle, 14 March, 2011 at 11:41
  • B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Hey.

I went here as a guest in October for my friends wedding and was v impressed. They had the BBQ food with an ice cream cart for dessert which was a nice choice. The room was nice, light and airy and despite the torrential rain they had lovely rooms for photographs. The gardens are lovely so if you can take advantage of the outside space i'd say that would be really good.

From my friends point of view there were a few niggly bits as when guests arrived the venue wasnt ready, and people went through to the main room when they werent meant to and the cakes werent set up, but overall they were v pleased and I think they said it was a good price.

Another thing is the room we were in was quite far from dancefloor to bar so many people were there instead of dancing, something to think about.

Overall an impressive venue and food x

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Ive been attended two weddings there (both civil ceremonies) and had a fab time, the grounds are beautiful, stunning for photos, and there is the option to get married outside in the gazebo- weather permitting.

Both occasions there have been 2 weddings, there, so if this really bothers you then dont choose it, but as guests we barely noticed, in fact I only noticed the second time because I had my "wedding planning hat" on!

If I were really picking holes I thought the food service was a bit slow- but that can happen anywhere. I thought the food, cooked 3 course wedding breakfast followed by BBQ was excellent!

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding there in October. Was absolutly stunning venue! We had bbq food and ice cream cart, food was very nice (altho woudlnt be my personal choice). The reception was held in the split level room, was decorated with candles everywhere, looked gorgeous! Service was excellent. If i lived in that neck of the woods that would be my first choice!

I know a few guests were dissapointed with the hotel rooms in comparison to the price, it was felt they were too overpriced. I stayed in the travelodge to cut costs (althought was worst hotel ive stayed in my life) i wouldnt recommend this one to your guests! However, breakfast was lovely and buffet style.

I would seriously book it!!!

Oohh blueyedgirl it sounds like u were probably a guest at the same wedding as me!

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

1Lucie - I think we were! Bazely wedding?!

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha ha yep same wedding, small world!

• PeteKelk
    PeteKelk ·
    • Hide content

The last time I was there it was fantastic! The grounds are fabulous the service top notch and the building is pretty amazing.

I love the ceremony room, loads of natural light, and the courtyard is very impressive too...

The only problem is, when you tell people, I'm getting married at Fanhams Hall, Ware, people will always say: Where?

And think it's highly amusing! Smiley sad

PK x

• EPW Photography (HIB)
    EPW Photography (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hello

I have photographed lots of weddings at Fanhams Hall at different time of year and it always looks beautiful. If you want to have a look at a wedding album from the venue, have a look at my website in the album gallery scroll down menu (www.epwphotography.co.uk). It will give you an idea...

Good luck.

Evelyne x

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

Hi ya

Fanhams is a lovely venue - we actually had a provisional booking but then decided against it as it wasn't quite right for us. It is really pretty though - and it is very reasonably priced. I wouldn't think you would find a better deal in terms of a hotel venue - although it is hugely popular for this reason, and there is almost always two weddings going on, not that that is necessarily a problem though.

Good luck! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics