Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JezVonSavage
Beginner September 2012

FAO Florists (again!): What's the difference between the different dry Oasis bouquet holders??

JezVonSavage, 20 February, 2011 at 19:08 Posted on Planning 0 6

I have mentioned before that I'm attempting to make my bouquet out of shells (and the odd little flower), but i'm struggling with the various types of bouquet holder that are available.

So far, i've come across Lady, Countess and Belle. What difference does the holder make to the bouquet?

Fanks in advance!

6 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 21 February, 2011 at 20:05
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Countess is an oval shaped holder for larger bouquets and Wedding Belle is a round one for posies. What shape is your bouquet?

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

I wanted a posy, but then I wanted smaller posies for my bridesmaids. Would I use the same bouquet holder for all?

So complicated!!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

You can get two sizes of belle - one for adult or bridal posies and a smaller one for maids. They are made by Oasis but they come in boxes of 6/8 which might work out expensive for you. If you have a large garden centre nearby, you may be lucky and get single ones. I use the large ones for adults if you get stuck finding one but not the smaller ones as smaller bridesmaids tend to go for hand-tied posies nowadays. If your bouquet is going to be round, then you really need a round holder to make it easier for you to keep the shape.

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou for your help.

My local florist has said I can buy any individual items from her (she quoted £3 for the 5cm and£4 for the 7cm, which I think is ok) but she isn't too forthcoming with advice or information- she probably thinks I'm stealing her business or something!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

That's about the going retail price.. some florists can be funny like that. Florists' are a strange bunch if you excuse the pun! When I had my shop, I had a flower arranger's corner where people who did it as a hobby could buy bits and bobs. By allowing them to do this, they bought all their flowers from me so it was a win, win situation! If you need any help, just give us a shout. Brenda

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

Oh thankyou! You are a sweetie!

I think it's a brill idea to have a little DIY corner- if people want to have a go themselves they will buy the stuff wherever they can, always better to have them come to you rather than some ebay seller. My local florist is nice but she has endlessly tried to talk me out of my seashell bouquet- it's actually put me off giving her any custom, I still need to buy supplies and bouquets for the mothers etc....I'll probably buy the bouquet holders and never see her again- shame really.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Saw this & thought of you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics