Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Random Name

FAO: Knitting Vixen

Random Name, 29 June, 2011 at 11:52 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

HI KV

Just wondered if you are getting your dress altered by the woman you recommend to me? Jenny?

I called her today and need to call her back later. Am so nervous about getting my dress shortened.

5 replies

Latest activity by knitting_vixen, 29 June, 2011 at 13:19
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Ooh did you decide to go for it LMR? I knew you were pondering but didn't know what you decided.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I am waiting for my shoes to come but am almost sure I will. Just looking at quotes at the moment and how fesiable it would be

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

I am not using her no. I got her details when I was looking for someone... I would have but, as my dress is stored at my Mum's in N Staffs I went with someone near there (otherwise I have to have the dress here in London in the same flat as my h2b!).

I am having my first fitting the weekend after next and am feeling nervous, but I am sure it all will be fine.

I reckon once you have met the seamstress she will allay your fears (I met mine briefly a few weeks ago and she really knew what she was talking about which made me feel sooo much better).

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

BTW I am having extra petticoats added, the corset re-boned and a sash added so quite drastic work! These people are professionals so we have to trust them!

I know that Rolls n Rems is a very well thought of shop and I am sure they would not display info for bad seamstresses!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Gosh that is a lot. So my shortening should be no problem

Rolls and Rems have been there since I was at school. I work in Lewisham so may pop in there one lunch time.

Thanks again for the recommendation

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would if I were you... I know that some of the people who work in the shop do alterations on the side, so the person I gave you may be one of the staff!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics