Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Buzzee
Beginner January 2012

FAO - Slimming World Hitchers

Buzzee, 26 February, 2011 at 16:30 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi All

I have looked through the SW site after seeing that several of you are doing really well on their 'diet' - but I can't actually find much info on what types of food you can eat each day. I found something about them doing the original, green or extra easy plan but what types of food can you eat on them? Would you recommend one type over another.

Any help/tips appreciated before i sign up to the 3 months (don't want to waste £60!)

Thanks

H x

14 replies

Latest activity by Kym134, 27 February, 2011 at 12:22
  • K
    Beginner February 2012
    Kym134 ·
    • Hide content

The best one is the extra easy as it is really easy and red and green days confuse me and H2B. The plan is that you eat all you want of certain free food which in extra easy is: Lean meat and fish, vegtables, fruit (fresh or frozen but not canned or blended!) dry pasta, rice, noodles, cous cous etc. Quark (fat free soft cheese) fat free yogurts or fromage frais.

Then you have an "a" option which is milk or cheese, semi-skimmed milk is 250ml, skimmed 350ml or 1oz cheese or 2 oz low fat cheese.

Then 1 "b" option which is bread or some form of fibre eg 2 slices brown bread from 400g loaf or 1 slice white or 2 weetabix/2 shredded wheat etc.

Then you have 5-15 syns a day and I get a lot of my syn values from mini mins http://www.minimins.com/ or from google.

The best way to lose weight on this is to have 1/3 of each meal fruit or veg.

Oil and butter are syns but fry light is free so use it for things like chips then they become free to eat!!

If you need help message me or reply as me and H2B has been doing it for 6 weeks and he has lost 1st 11lb and I have lost 12lbs so we are really enjoying it.

xxx

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Wow thanks so much for that summary! definitely sounds my cup of (sugarfree) tea so will give it a go! if i sign up online today do you know if i have to start my weight from today? (Really want to officially have tuesdays as my weigh days)

Thanks again!

h x

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Yep, that pretty much sums it up! I've been doing it for 6 weeks and lost just over a stone. It's so ridiculously easy because the vast majority of what you eat, you don't have to count and it really quickly becomes second nature to avoid crap food and choose healthy stuff. The biggest change I've felt is a massive increase in energy and my general mood is much better!

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

I bought this months magazine today too and it gives a 7 day extra easy plan, but the breakfasts are largely cooked options. Does anyone happen to know whether i can still have my usual brekkie - a sachet of oatso simple with semi skimmed milk and if so would it be a syn?

• H
    Beginner July 2010
    hughef36 ·
    • Hide content

Hello

I didnt relise there was a slimming world part on here!

There is a realy good website called minimins which have loads of great tip etc. i am doing extra easy (so the only one i know) i havn't joined but i think i am doing it right.

Basicaly you have a healthy option A eg 250 semi skimmed milk, or 46g of half fat cheese (i just uses milk for my brews)

A healthy option B eg 36g of porridge oats 3x Weight Waters bread (whole meal) or 2x whole meal bread from a small loaf

you can have ONE A and one B each day there is a realy big list but these are the only ones i have.

You can eat as much pasta , rice, potatoes, salad , veg , meat (no fat) with passata tinned toms, cottage chees, beans as you like each day ( it is reccomended that you fill 1/3 of your plate with veg) tea/ coffe artificial sweetner muller fat free yoghurts

you then have 15 syns to use a day (i think it is recomended you have 5-10 syns so eg 1x rich tea = 1 syn, 1 tea spoom low fat butter = 1.5 syns.

so as a days menue you can have - majic porridge (made from muller light and porridge oast which would be health option B) dinner jacket potatoe with beans and salad, then tea slimming world chips (oven baked in fry light) with steak and veggies and use your healthy option for brews!!

the magazine is only £2.99 well worth it it has all recapies in it its great.

like i said i havnt joined so some weight and measures may be slightly out - but it is working for me!!!!

• H
    Beginner July 2010
    hughef36 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i am to slow at typing LOL !!!

• H
    Beginner July 2010
    hughef36 ·
    • Hide content

I think you can have 28g of porridge oats not too sure wots in oats so simple so wouldnt be a syn as long as you use milk from healthy option A and have the correct amount of porridge for healthy option B (on extra easy )

• K
    Beginner February 2012
    Kym134 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah the porridge is fine just use the milk from your daily allowance. The magazine is the best thing but I go to group normallly. If you join you can wait to add your weight till tuesday or add it today and then wait till tue for next weigh in. xxx

• B
    Beginner June 2012
    Bride2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm going to start the Slimming world plan next week (01 March) and bought the starter pack off ebay. It looks quite easy from what I have read so far and looking forward to getting started and losing some weight.

Is it worth the fee to join up online? I can't go to the local group as I have a young daughter.

I decided to go with this diet as I have read good reports of it.

Michelle

• H
    Beginner July 2010
    hughef36 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you need the support then join however on Minimins there if a weekly weigh in page for everyone and everyone seems to support each other on there!!

• MrsBtobe1980
    Beginner September 2012
    MrsBtobe1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

great thread....i have been doing slimming world extra easy for 6 weeks and have lost nearly a stone....and dropped a dress size so far.its great, my son n oh are eating the same...its so easy to do, you dont even realise you are dieting...i go for weekly weigh ins and get lots of help and advise...the mag is only 80p in group, and also do fab cook books that i swear by...

this week we start a slimmathon, aim for target to reach in 12 weeks for a local charity, ans get sponsered....my aim is 1.5 stone..

i am also helping to leaflet drop next sunday, exercise is also key to weight lose.

I would recommend it to anyone...my mum has been over this weekend and is going home with lots of ideas and recipes to try.

sarah

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Would a jacket potato with beans be 'free' on extra easy or do the beans count as a healthy extra or syn?!

Going shopping today to buy some ingredients for the ragu and 'butter' chicken in the mag to see what they are like over the next few days!

H x

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

I have all the gumph (sp?) on my computer if you would want me to email it you?!

x

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kat

That would be great! Have sent you a message (i think!) with my email address on!

Thanks again

H x

• K
    Beginner February 2012
    Kym134 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Baked beans are free so that is perfect just skip the butter on the jacket potato.

I go to the group with several of my family and my H2B and my little sister comes along too just cause there is noone to watch her. Online is probably not worth it as you can get all the info and help on minimins or on other websites for free. There are loads of weight loss tracker apps or slimming world have just brought out their own app which includes a weeks meal plan, tips and some recipes.

The lasagna is great in the magazine but I top it with a mix of quark, fat free fromage frais and 2 eggs and it rises and sets into an almost quiche topping and is fabulous. Adding spices and a bit of sweetner makes it that extra special and can even use cheese from your daily allowance or syn it.

Quark is the best thing I use as you can make cheese sauces with that and fromage frais or stock and they taste lovely.

Batchelor's pasta 'n' sauce are also good as most of them are free except macaroni cheese which is 1syn and wholewheat carbonara 1syn. They are lovely and you can make them with just water if you have run out of milk and even add quark or extra creaminess.

Risottos are also good and easy.

Sorry probably getting carried away but I am really enjoying eating all this food Smiley tongue

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics