Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner December 2012

FAO -- West Midalnds Togs

Angel Wings, 16 December, 2012 at 17:18 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi

I'm getting married at The Granary, Shenstone near Kidderminster and and i was wondering if any Tog has taken photos of the couple at Harvington Hall (5 mins away) as we are hoping to take photos of the two of us around the outside of the grounds only , we will not be going into the hall or use any of the inside of the grounds as the hall is closed but they will open up the gates for a fee so that you can enter the grounds.We went there the other day and walked around the outside of the moat and no-one stopped us we did see walkers and other people around.

My Tog has some great suggestions for the photos and has researched the area well but we are all worried that on the day that some one will stop us from having the photos done (we will be there for approx 45mins and will not be trespassing on any one's property) no signs were displayed that stated that no photos could not be taken x

7 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 20 December, 2012 at 11:38
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I would get in touch with them and ask to be honest. I'm sure they wouldn't stop you but just out of courtesy, I think just drop them an email saying when and what time you might be there.

• A
    Beginner December 2012
    Angel Wings ·
    • Hide content

We have thought about this and i may end up doing this very shortly .

The hall is currently closed for the winter period but i'm assuming that there are going to be admin staff there to answer and queries

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

If it were me, I would contact the admin for the place. That way you could avoid a jobsworth security guard on the day ruining your day.

Of course, there is a possibility they may say no (insurance etc) although plead to there better nature and it should be fine. I have organised similar things in my own area and usually people want to help.

Peter

• Kath @ JohnCharltonPhoto
    Beginner
    Kath @ JohnCharltonPhoto ·
    • Hide content

So you want to use the grounds/house as a backdrop but do this without entering the grounds? Safest thing would be to check permission but if they charge a fee to use the grounds inside the property they may not be happy with you trying to do it on their boundary. Perhaps you could negotiate to pay a reduced fee?

• A
    Beginner December 2012
    Angel Wings ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your replies , just sent them an email see what i get back !!!

The land we were on was in fact a public right of way (i've done my research) so some of the photos would be good to go .

Could not see any security guards/dogs whilst we were there and my Tog has been there this week at various times in the day including taking various shots of the suggested background we would be using and he was not stopped by any one.

The hall itself is owned by The Archdiocese of Birmingham and there is a church opposite the hall

• A
    Beginner December 2012
    Angel Wings ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Just a quick update: I've had confirmation that we can use the front and moat for a small fee ?

• A
    Beginner December 2012
    Angel Wings ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Just a quick update: I've had confirmation that we can use the front and moat for a small fee ?

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

Thats good news. Better to know you are doing it "legally" rather than worrying about it in the run up to and on your wedding day.

Peter

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics