Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kat44
Beginner August 2011

FAO xSammix

Kat44, 18 January, 2011 at 12:42 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi Sammi,

just wanted to pick your brains about the venue.

When did you start going for planning meetings with Lesley (??), have your menu tasting and how easy is it to just pop in and meet suppliers there?

Also, did you book any rooms there as a job lot or did your guests just book as and when and was it more or the same price?

(sorry for twenty questions, just wondering when to expect our meetings!)

hope you're ok, not long left!! ?

2 replies

Latest activity by xsammix, 21 January, 2011 at 13:23
  • xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

?

How are you?

Erm, I found if I'm honest the venue only really contacts you/me with reminders of when the balance is due (they are automatically done, I got sent a few and was like I swear I've already paid)! But, if you email Lesley she will always reply quickly and effeciantly to arrange meetings, answer questions etc.

We went for our menu tasting in July - six months before! Lesley recommended to after we met with her for our first meeting which was mainly just to discuss the venue and the wedding nothing detailed as such. We attended two wedding fayres there too . . .mainly just to find suppliers though.

We had our final meeting which covered EVERYTHING last week. Thats when I honestly felt comfortable and confident about everything I had chosen.

My suppliers I met there at the wedding fayres but my TOG is going over alone next week, all we literally did was ring up and ask! ?

As for the rooms, we have about 10 contracted to the wedding and guests are just ringing to book too. They are generally cheaper and include breakfast.

HTH!

Everything is slowly getting ther I am just so busy though, got some flashes later ?

Sammix x

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that, that does help!

I might start emailing her then soon and arrange some meetings. Just got a few questions I want to clear up! It's only 7 months so should be moving things along I guess!

I think we will contract in as well for rooms.

Glad everything's coming together. Looking forward to your flashes!! ?

Kat x

• xsammix
    Beginner February 2011
    xsammix ·
    • Hide content

Glad I could be of assistance ?

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics