Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Curious April 2024 Derbyshire

Farmer's tan lines

Emily, 28 of November of 2023 at 13:14 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 3

This even sounds silly as I'm typing it, but back in May this year I accidentally got sunburnt when wearing a t-shirt, which has resulted in some dramatic farmer's tan lines on my upper arms. 6 months on and the tan lines haven't faded much. My wedding is in early April 2024 and my dress has cap-sleeves, which means my upper arms will be visible. I'm panicking and it's causing me significant anxiety. I exfoliate every other day and use aloe vera twice a day to try to fade the lines.

Using my regular foundation and makeup to cover it up helps a bit, but not enough. I am hesitant about self-tanning as I don't want to make it look even worse.

I thought it would have faded by now, and it's stressing me out so much. I don't want people laughing at me on my wedding day and for the tan lines to be captured in photos forever.

Anyone gone through anything similar? Feeling pretty miserable Smiley sad

3 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 2 of December of 2023 at 11:13
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

So the only part that will be visible is the short bit from the Tshirt sleeve to the cap sleeve ? . I think it will of faded some more by the time of your wedding but try asking your photographer if they can do anything to retouch any that show in the photos, I have had to do it many times.

Maybe speak to an expert on self tan about just tanning the "white bits" a little to blend in.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you've been wearing t-shirts a lot over the summer, that will be why the lines haven't faded - you can still tan even if you don't burn, so you will have been constantly 'topping up' the colour. If you are in long sleeves now, you should see the colour fade over winter. If you start wearing shorter sleeves next spring, before your wedding, I would try to make sure they are the same length as your wedding dress sleeves, and use a high factor cream on your lower arms to prevent further tanning.
    By the time your wedding day arrives, the lines should have faded so that they won't be noticeable - and certainly not if you cover them up with foundation. As for people laughing at you on your wedding day - if they're going to do that, then you're inviting the wrong kind of people to your wedding. One of my friends feel asleep in the sun a couple of days before her wedding - she was wearing a v-neck t-shirt and her wedding dress was strapless. She has a bright red V on her chest in all the photos, but she still looks stunning in them, and at the time, none of us even noticed the sunburn, we were too busy celebrating with her.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Here's something, when I have had my shirt off in the summer and get a tan the same as my face. I have noticed that during the winter my face fades faster than my body. it seems that covering up keeps the tan longer and exposing it to rubbish weak sun - like our winter fades it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics