Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R

Farms to hire for weddings - does anyone know any in Hampshire

rosannaclarke, 13 of October of 2009 at 11:04 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi,

I am looking for a farm / land including barn or farmhouse to hire in Hampshire. Catering etc is not necessary as we will sort that ourselves.

Any ideas or help are much appreciated.

Many thanks! ?

9 replies

Latest activity by Teri_M, 9 of April of 2014 at 15:47
  • Tony Lewis HIB
    Tony Lewis HIB ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I know this is a long shot and its Surrey, not Hampshire but Ridge Farm used to be a famous residential recording studio. When the studio closed in 2003 they refurbished it as an events venue including weddings.

Having been there when it was a studio I can vouch for its amazing grounds.

Just a thought

http://www.ridgefarmstudio.com

Tony

RS

• groomwithaview
    Beginner October 2009
    groomwithaview ·
    • Hide content

I know one in West Sussex near Worthing if its any use, although appreciate it may be too far away...let me know...

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

A few years ago, one of our couples from London arranged to use a 'working' barn for their wedding, they didn't have to pay for it, just had to spend a few weekends clearning brush away, and cleaning out the barn. A friend of theirs does theatrical lighting, for Sadler Wells, and he did the lighting in it. It was amazing. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, I'll try to look back and see if the name of it comes up. It was a wooden barn that was several hundred years old. Not sure if it's what you would be looking for, as it really required a huge amount of lighting, and you can't use any candles in it due to it being listed. It is in Hampshire.

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I came across this place when looking round at venues - though it's in Berkshire not Hampshire... https://sheepdrove.com/

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Found the name of the one I was talking about,, it's called Michelmersh. I don't know if that was a one off situation, but it was cool. They even had morris dancers for the entertainment, lol. The barn was located right across the road from the Church.

• R
    rosannaclarke ·
    • Hide content

Oh great that sounds really good. Thanks for your help I will look it up! Was it a barn in the village of michelmersh? How would I find it / the owners? Thanks!

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

I found a photo of it online, it's not one we took, I have those archived and they are on a harddrive that I'm not able to access at the moment, but I think I have their gallery up somewhere,, can you drop me an email?

Here's the pic I found.

http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/14/15/141592_41970be4.jpg

I remember they had toilets on the outbuildings to the left in this pic, the barn was HUGE, and there is land behind it, with another cool looking wood building that we used for photos. I am sure I could find out how to contact the people in charge, might take a day or two tho to get a hold of my client, they travel alot for work.

found more images, it's called Michelmersh Barn, but the whole village area surrounding it was just gorgeous. Even the church across the road, that we meant to use for photos too, but they were pretty rained out on there day, so we skipped it. http://www.southernlife.org.uk/michelm.htm

drop me an email at ******@*****.*** and I will see if I can find their gallery so you can see it properly.

• bygeorge
    bygeorge ·
    • Hide content

I was about to reply and say that although I loved the idea, I didn't know of anywhere, but Teri - that place looks fabulous!

• Kim31
    Kim31 ·
    • Hide content

A breath taking 16th Century Barn situated in the beautiful Hampshire countryside.

https://www.tithe-barn.co.uk/

The Tithe Barn
    Old Ditcham Farm
    Ditcham
    Petersfield
    Hampshire
    GU31 5RQ

It's on a farm.... hope it helps

• Teri_M
    Teri_M ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hitchers,

Sorry to dredge this thread up, lol. I still get alot of emails from this old thread, and to make it easier for those seeking information, I am writing an open letter here.

An open letter, to those people who have emailed me, I wish I did, but I do not have any information regarding the Michelmersh Barn, with the exception of what I posted here originally. I can't believe I still get emails from this thread, lol, but I hope they will stop after this. Carry on 'Hitchin' Smiley winking

Teri

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics