Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner

Fast wedding on a budget

LuxuriousYellowDecor719, 6 of January of 2017 at 22:55 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi guys,

I'm in a bit of situation and wondered if anyone had any advise that might be useful. Unfortunaly I've just found out my Dad won't be around a lot longer and because of this it's made me want to move the wedding forward to ensure he can see me get married. I know it'll mean a lot to him but the issue is we just don't have the savings. We've only just moved into our new project house and that's wiped us out. We had planned on getting married next year, but as I'm sure you can understand having a parent there is an important thing for anyone person.

My question is does anyone know of ways to have a wedding that can keep that cost down? Of corse the most important thing is having our family there, but I also need to make it a special day for my futor wife factoring in her family our friends.

thanks for any help and understanding

P.S I live in the Essex area

Ben

4 replies

Latest activity by Chapples, 16 of January of 2017 at 12:48
  • 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ben, so sorry to hear about your Dad- that sort of news puts things into perspective in terms of what is really important I guess.

I would suggest looking at 'late availability' deals at local venues- one near us that we considered knocks a good few grand off their 'all in' price for dates they haven't sold a couple of months ahead. The other thing to consider is a mid-week wedding as they are usually significantly cheaper.

If if you are on an exceptionally tight budget then I think in your situation I would consider a very low key registry office wedding with just our very nearest and dearest present followed by an intimate dinner party- you could then have a 'renewal' in a couple of years if you wanted to, where you could perhaps have a 'bigger' 'wedding'.

Hope that helps give you some ideas, good luck!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ben

I'm sorry to hear about your dad! Just leaving work shortly but I'm sure I receive some sort of newsletter every now & then with late availability venues, if I can remember who it comes from I'll come back & post it!

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

You need you your husband and a witness, everything else is lovely extras. Don't worry yourself with extras.

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    lucyjo ·
    • Hide content

You've had some great advice here!

If it were me, I would arrange a very simple, straightforward, minimalist ceremony, and then leave the big celebration until the first or second anniversary. The main thing is that your dad sees 'The Moment', which as a PP pointed out you only need witnesses and an officiant for! I think I would regret throwing a big celebration together without putting the time into getting it right, and I'm sure your head is in other places right now. Maybe keep things simple right now, and then once some time has passed and you've had chance to recover from the grief and save up a bit, plan a bigger do that everyone can come to if that's something you would regret missing out on later.

x

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ben

Here is the website I was thinking about - hope it's not too late:

https://www.wedding-venues.co.uk/offers

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics