Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsHD2015
Beginner June 2015

Fat arms ruining everything!!

MrsHD2015, 7 of December of 2013 at 09:38 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 21

Hi all

I am not particularly overweight, I am a size 12 and 5ft4, I am planning to lose a little weight before the big day (18 months to go). I tried on some dresses the other day and they made my figure look stunning, slim waist and flat tummy but just one issue...my arms looked huge!!! HELP!!! any tips or advice for slimming down arms!??

21 replies

Latest activity by Sky, 15 of February of 2023 at 10:37
  • lil_2014
    Beginner July 2014
    lil_2014 ·
    • Hide content

Ok, so seems like you want to get them fit!

I would recommend kettlebells exercises! 18 months is a loooong way to go and I am sure you will be able to get sorted.

Youtube has loads of different tips for differents parts of the body as does Google if you look for biceps and triceps workouts.

Good luck, let us know how it goes Smiley winking

• MrsHD2015
    Beginner June 2015
    MrsHD2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Smiley smile I will be kettle bell shopping in the New Year then Smiley smile

• Janelly
    Beginner January 2015
    Janelly ·
    • Hide content

Fat gathers in different places on different peoples' bodies. Sometimes the tummy, sometimes the arms or thighs, sometimes elsewhere. If you have large arms, try eating well to lower your overall body fat percentage, and try weights on your arms to tone them up a bit. 18 months is plenty of time to fix these kinds of problems, so don't worry ?

• D
    Beginner May 2013
    detra ·
    • Hide content

I heard some good advice recently, that wedding dresses are designed to make you look good, and most people will look thin in them. The advice was for brides to just focus mainly on toning their arms, since that's what will be seen in the pictures. What I am doing is pushups everyday, and I hope to mix in some yoga the month of the wedding.

• M
    Beginner October 2014
    Miezy83 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, well I could have asked the exact same question! I'm happy with everywhere else but my arms are ridiculous:-( I have just booked in for a boxercamp session on Monday so hopefully that might help a bit!! Have you started doing anything yet and is it working? I've got 9 months til my wedding so going to need to get focused!!

• LillyBenHaswell
    Beginner February 2015
    LillyBenHaswell ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Im also working on my arms at the moment, and as I've dropped the gym to save money for the wedding I found Tiffany Rothe on Youtube is amazing!

She does 10 minute workouts of various kinds to target different parts of your body, you can set up your own playlist for some great workouts. One called "Boxer babe" makes your arms hurt, in a good way! :-)

Start off easy and add some dumbbells when you feel like adding the extra difficulty.

Good Luck! Smiley smile

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

I'm currently unhappy with my arms too, been doing kettlebell exercises, using my hand weights, push ups and also using a firming lotion by soap & glory.
    If you don't have hand weights even just lifting tins of beans etc will do the trick Smiley smile Google best exercises to tone arms and all different ways come up, you have plenty of time anyway unlike me who leaves it this late haha Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    SunnyGoldCakes102 ·
    • Hide content

I think most people hate their arms but definiately working out is great to tone them. I know my friend mentioned about some wraps that can shrink your arms aswell (well most of your body) but cant remember the name of them although not sure you can even mention names of things on here x

• W
    w12girl ·
    • Hide content

The Shrinking Violet Wrap is really good, but not sure on any of the wraps giving lasting results. Take a look at 3d lipo which does fat freezing. I had this done on my tum and it really gets rid but can take about 2-3 months to work.?

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HappyPinkFlowers105 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Coralcrush,

18 months is a brilliant amount of time to sort your arms. The good thing is is at the same time you will be able to tone everywhere. As was posted earlier, we are generally genetically stumped with where we will gather body fat. The great news is that with a bit of healthy eating and a reasonable amount of exercise you will easily be able to sort it.

First thing to do is eat healthier than you think you are already. By that I mean eat good food often. I know nutrition is a minefield, but work on the rule of what you eat should not have been modified from its original state.

So EAT BREAKFAST! Porridge is good with a little milk.

Replace you snacks with something healthy.

Make your evening meal have less carbs than meat and vegetables.

Drink 2 litres or more of water per day.

Combine all of that with 2 hours of exercise a week and your % Body fat and your troublesome arms will be amazing in no time at all. Good luck and have an armazing wedding day

x

• Polkadots_and_Pincurls
    Beginner June 2015
    Polkadots_and_Pincurls ·
    • Hide content

I was in poundland the other week and just randomly came across a dvd- "5-20 min workouts: Bingo wing blaster". Thought I might as well give it a go as its just a pound, and its amazing! Go have a look for it x

• B
    Beginner December 2014
    blushingbride14 ·
    • Hide content

It is important that any exercise, no matter how good it is, will only directly work the muscles of the arms. Any fat removed from the arm (especially the dreaded "bingo wings"!) is most done via nutrition.

A good idea is to combine a mixture of arm exercises, consuming slightly fewer calories every day and walking EVERYWHERE! ?

• W
    Beginner June 2014
    WeddingInJune ·
    • Hide content

POWERSPIN device! Would very much reccomend. They cost £20 and are available loads of places (I got mine in Tesco).

Basically, it's a circular hollow tube with a weighted ball inside and you just spin it - there's a DVD that comes with it, and the entire workout is 6 minutes, to do every day.

I've been doing it a few weeks and can really tell the difference. It's a lot harder than it looks!

• C
    Beginner April 2015
    csteggle ·
    • Hide content

So pleased I'm not the only one!! Thanks for all the advice, will be looking into all these ideas

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

Before my Auntie got married 5 years ago she had a wrap at a local beauty salon. I'm unsure of the exact one, but I can find out, and she lost about an 1.5" all over (arms, waist, thighs) and would totally recommend it to anyone!

She had one way, way before the wedding to ensure she didn't have any adverse reactions or anything and that it actually worked! She was really happy and then booked one for a day or 2 before the wedding. She said the added benefit was she got to relax for an hour by herself in a nice dim, quiet room lol!! xx

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Missiecb ·
    • Hide content

Hi what was the wrap called xxx

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

I went to body pump quite a bit pre-wedding and it helped sort my arms out. They were slimmer and more toned

• icklesal
    Beginner April 2015
    icklesal ·
    • Hide content

I've read some articles about posing for you wedding day pics and they all say that if you hold your arms slightly away from your body they automatically look slimmer. Worth a thought. I'm trying to tone mine and as lame as it sounds I'm gonna practice the arm away from the body thing. I hate having my picture taken so I'm worried about this.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This works. A university friend taught me this tricky, that way my arm fat isn't squished against my body!

• Tams90
    Beginner July 2016
    Tams90 ·
    • Hide content

I have this issue too, am not overly big but my arms are and they just make me look massive. I never wear short sleeved or strapless clothes, always something with a sleeve or I'll put a black cardigan over my arms to cover them.

Obviously with me getting married I decided enough is enough and I bought boxing gloves and pats and me and my fiancé have a 30 minute session on them every other night. Been doing it for about 2 weeks now and I can really feel it. Can only see a slight difference so far but at least I know it's working.

The gloves and pads cost be about £18 from Amazon.

• S
    Beginner January 2016
    Stephanie104 ·
    • Hide content

Youtube do really good exercises which you can do with two small weights but I use tins from the cupboard!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics