Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jacky
Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire

Father Daughter Dance

Jacky, 25 of May of 2021 at 19:27 Posted on Planning 0 1

Is anyone else doing a father daughter dance?

I know it's a bit American, but both me and my mum think it would mean a lot to my dad to do it.

When is it traditional to do it? I don't want to do to it straight after the first dance as I was hoping to go into something up beat and get everyone on the dance floor.

Also any tips on songs - I don't want anything super slow or country as that's just not mine or my dad's style. Would love to do You'll Never Walk Alone, but feel it might be a bit slow and I can't find a more upbeat version.

Any advice welcome Smiley smile

1 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 27 of May of 2021 at 11:52
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ยท
    • Hide content

There was a discussion on here a while ago if you search you may find it. There is no traditional time to do it but most do it after their dance. A tap on the grooms shoulder by Dad works well. But as you don't want to do at at that time, if you are having evening food then the disco usually lowers its volume and type of music, the venues lights may even go up a little if the food is in the same room. So maybe a good time if yours is the same is to have the Dad and Daughter dance as the first thing after the buffet interval.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics