Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2011

Father Daughter Dance

lou4gaz, 7 May, 2011 at 16:15 Posted on Planning 0 16

I'm looking for a song to dance to with my dad, but i have a few problems in finding the right one. my dad has not been around for most of my like and has just came back into my life about 3/4 years ago, problem is my mum really hates him and if i have a song like 'butterfly kisses' (which i really love) my mum will be really upset with me so i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what songs i could have?

Thanks

Louise

16 replies

Latest activity by ScillyB2B, 14 May, 2011 at 15:50
  • Cheeky_pie
    Beginner August 2011
    Cheeky_pie ·
    • Hide content

A couple of my friends have had lee ann womack - I Hope You dance. Ronan Keating also does a very good cover of this song!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL0uRP-A7C0

• L
    Beginner July 2011
    lou4gaz ·
    • Hide content

Thanks i'll look into those

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

My dad really loved Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne's 'Changes' when it came out a few years ago so I might have that. Not too sure if I'll have a specific daddy daughter dance though, or if we'd just have a nice second song so parents can join us etc

• Hawk
    Beginner September 2012
    Hawk ·
    • Hide content

I'm dancing to The Temptations, My Girl with my Dad but not sure that would be good for you either.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content
  • L
    Beginner July 2011
    lou4gaz ·
    • Hide content

Thanks i'll look at that website Smiley laugh

• R
    Beginner
    rachb3 ·
    • Hide content

Erh ? I didn't know you were meant to have a separate father-daughter dance, I'm dreading mine and my OH's dance and now you're telling me I have to do two?! x

• L
    Beginner July 2011
    lou4gaz ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you have to do, i think for most people its tradition

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

It is very much an optional thing. I'd say less than 50% of my weddings include a father daughter dance. Its often down to the dad too. For some, its the hilight of the day having that dance with their daughter and a very special moment. Nowadays, its not expected so don't feel obliged to include it if its not your thing.

• MrandMrsFord
    Beginner November 2011
    MrandMrsFord ·
    • Hide content

Well....there was this song on Four Weddings that this traveller girl had which sounded American to me but then the narrator said it was a travellers song, so I dunno but then another bride posted it on this thread, somewhere down there *points* and it has loads of comments on about American girls etc so I think it's not actually a traveller song, but an American song.

Anyway, it's so nice, it's called "I loved her first"

I am thinking of having a Jessica Simpson song that she wrote about her Dad, but it is so slow and I dunno if we can really dance to it!! lol

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

You Look Wonderful Tonight?

• MrandMrsFord
    Beginner November 2011
    MrandMrsFord ·
    • Hide content

LOL check this out.....make sure to watch past the first 60 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8QvnliZR3s&NR=1&feature=fvwp

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOVE IT!

I am not sure if we are going to have a father daughter dance. If we do, it will be to Stevie Wonder "Isn't she lovely" Love that song. He wrote it for his daughter. Didnt want anything too slow

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha love this!

Me and my stepdad are having one. Wanted to do it to say thanks for being a great dad. We're having You Never Can Tell by Chuck Berry as he loves that era of music and Pulp Fiction is one of our favourite films.

• ScillyB2B
    Beginner June 2012
    ScillyB2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh! How ridiculous, I'm not a weeper but just listened to that and I'm in floods! [:'(] its lovely.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics