Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner May 2014

Father Daughter dance???

Excited bride to be... the future Mrs Budd :), 6 of May of 2014 at 11:07 Posted on Planning 0 9

What are people thoughts on "Wonderwall" Oasis for a father daughter dance. Im getting married in less then three weeks and need to deside by the weekend. Father daughter dances are so hard, I want a song we both like but that words fit. Dads not over setimental, want something we both know. and this is a band we both like.

Thoughts on this choice please Smiley smile

9 replies

Latest activity by CrazyRatLady, 8 of May of 2014 at 13:34
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I love wonderwall! I'm sure everyone knows the words and will sing along while you dance.

we're having 'I love her first' by heartland. It makes me cry every time I hear it, and as a mother son dance ( don't ask it's a long story why we're having one) their having my wish.

• E
    Beginner May 2014
    Excited bride to be... the future Mrs Budd :) ·
    • Hide content

I loved her first is lovely!!! I just dont think my dads soppy enough.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I dunno, it is a love song but then I guess it's gonna be pretty difficult to find a song suitable for a father/daughter dance that isn't...

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

My dad's not soppy at all, bit of a tough guy in his past, but when it comes to the wedding he's a bit emotional about it. He dosnt talk about it a lot as he's not too sure how to feel about his youngest getting married even though Iv been with my OH for 8 years and have 2 kids ha!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

My dad is the least soppy person I know but he turned to mush! We didn't have a father daughter dance planned but just ended up having a dance at some point during the evening - I couldn't tell you what song it was though!

• T
    Beginner May 2015
    Tooinvolvedgroom ·
    • Hide content

Great song! The Ryan Adams version is fab too! Check it out

• E
    Beginner May 2014
    Excited bride to be... the future Mrs Budd :) ·
    • Hide content

Ok another option what are peoples thoughts on Frank Sinarta "the way you look tonight"??

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Great song choices!

I didn't have a say, my Dad picked it! He has decided it will be 'Every Thing I do (I do it For You)' by Bryan Adams. Basically because, when I was about 3 ish, every time the music video came onto the telly, I would stand right in front of it swaying side to side trying to sing along. It was my fave song as a toddler... so there is some sentimental reason behind it haha!

• H
    Beginner May 2014
    hyzenflay ·
    • Hide content

I think wonderwall is fine, but then I asked my dad and he said I could pick from 'Say Hello' by Deep Dish or 'One Fine Day' by The Chiffons (he also suggested 'Zombie' by the Cranberries but did concede that that one wasn't appropriate.

I've given up and picked Say Hello by deep dish, but I have no idea how I'm going to dance to it! He didn't seem to want to pick any sort of sentimental song and only wanted to pick a song he liked.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Wonderwall sounds great go for it! I am having Old and Wise by Colin Blunstone, not many people will know it but it is a beautiful song and one I have seen him sing live when I went with my Dad so it has some sentiment.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics