Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner December 2016

Father Daughter Dance Advice Needed

katie_1818, 14 of December of 2016 at 07:35 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi everyone can you tell me your thoughts on the father daughter dance please?

When do you usually do it? Is it before or after the first dance? Our first dance is quite a fast song and we want everybody to be up dancing so would it ruin that for everyone if we then said that they all needed to leave tbe dancefloor for the father daughter dance?

Also would it be ok to use my mum and dads wedding song as that seems the most fitting but its Your The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me by Style Council.

Xxxx

5 replies

Latest activity by thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk, 15 of December of 2016 at 09:51
  • DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Aw I love that you're using your parents first dance song. That's adorable!

We are doing it after the first dance. The song we are using is Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx. It's a song my dad used to play all the time so it really makes me think of him. My OH is adopting my daughter and she's taking his name after the wedding so they're also going to join us. Nobody knows this yet though so it's likely to make people quite emotional!

We're making people leave the dancefloor. I'm not sure if we will do the whole song (we're probably doing a shorter version of our first dance as well coz we're a bit awkward!) but after that we'll do something loud and fun for everyone to get up to.

• K
    Beginner December 2016
    katie_1818 ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh that sounds really lovely (and emotional!) Dreamscometrue2015 xxx

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

Most people I have seen do it straight after their first dance but as you say that your first dance is is one that lends itself to going straight into getting everyone up, if you were to have the Father Daughter dance after yours it would upset the flow.

Assuming that you will be pausing around 9pm for a buffet, the lights go up and the music down - usually. Then at the end of the buffet service and the restart of the music would be a great time to do the Father Daughter dance.

Also how about asking the dj to announce all the other Father and Daughters to come and join you both half way through

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Why not do it first then dad can hand you over to husband for an up tempo first dance with hubby. Love that you're using parents first dance song with your dad. ?

• K
    Beginner December 2016
    katie_1818 ·
    • Hide content

Both brilliant ideas thank you. Ill have a word with my DJ.

Im probably over thinking it all but the big day is on friday so im probably over thinking everything now haha xxx

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

A father daughter dance is always a lovely thing to do. Just make sure you get it in the right place otherwise it's like throwing a bucket of cold water over all of your guests!!!!.....and will take a while to get back in party mode.

It is usually a slow emotional song - if you have chose one of these then put this father dance first. Then dad can hand his daughter over for the first dance.....it realy works well and everyone can move into 'first dance' mode which even if its a slow song it's nowhere near as emotional!!! Then.....PARTY!!!!

If it's an uptempo song for father daughter dance then anywhere is fine....get your band or dj to announce that it's specifically for them.

Hope that helps! Just things that we've picked up over the years!

James x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics