Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joanne
Savvy July 2023 Kent

Father of the bride attire

Joanne, 16 of November of 2022 at 12:48 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 3
Hi,

I know everything is personal choice, but would it be better if my father matches the groomsmen in what they are wearing on the day or doesn't it matter as he isn't part of the groom party? Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by Anonbride, 22 of November of 2022 at 12:47
  • A
    Dedicated October 2023 Surrey
    AmesLou ·
    • Hide content

My dad is going to match the groom and the best man but I really like things to match, so it would annoy me if they didn't match in the photos! If it's not a priority for you though, then I certainly wouldn't worry about it. He may even be able to use a suit he already has, alongside a tie that matches the groomsmen, and a matching buttonhole if you are having them?

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

He doesn't need to match them, but you could always ask him if he would like to. I would leave it up to his personal choice though. He may prefer to wear a suit he already has.

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Mine is going tonal - so all the guys in our wedding party (on my side and FH's) are wearing tan linen waistcoats and trousers, my guys are wearing pale sea blue ties and FH's guys are wearing gold ties; my dad is going to wear the same tan linen trousers, the same ties as my guys and a pale sea blue linen jacket (no waistcoat). Tbh though it was his idea and he was really invested in thinking about his outfit! I think it's nice that he'll be tonal as he'll be walking me down the aisle and giving the FOB speech so in a lot of prominent positions like the the wedding party.

For FOG we're going to get him the gold tie to match the groomsmen but have said we're happy for him to wear whatever he likes as he's not so in to picking out outfits as my dad haha Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics