Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2017

Father of the bride suit help

LuxuriousPinkDecor346, 23 of February of 2016 at 15:56 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi everyone, we are getting married next year, my oh best man and our page boy will all be in the same suit, but my dad isn't keen on wearing a hired suit, he's looking to use his own, my question is what is everyone doing in relation to father of the bride wearing matching suits, I don't want him to stick out but I also don't want the stress of fighting him to wear what I want him too, we have had a lot of negativity already, and really don't need more stress, x

9 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousPinkDecor346, 23 of February of 2016 at 18:47
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

We are asking our Father's to wear the same hired morning suit as the rest of the Ushers.

H2B will force his Father into it if necessary!!

My understanding was that the FOB always wore a coordinating suit (especially if he's giving the Bride away) because he's part of the Wedding Party, but I might be wrong

xx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I don't think the brides father needs to wear the same suit as the groom and his party. What are the men's hire suits like compared to dads? Presumably not morning suits?

The groom best man and groomsmen generally have photos taken together before the wedding whereas your father will be with you and have his photo taken with you.

Unless it's morning suits etc I wouldn't worry and just get him a buttonhole that ties him in. It will be fine. And less stress.

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    LuxuriousPinkDecor346 ·
    • Hide content

No not morning suits, my htb is quite petiti so tails wouldn't suit, he's in navy with navy waistcoat and a red tie, my dad wants to wear his cream suit I think, he will have the same buttonhole as the others, X

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    LuxuriousPinkDecor346 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, just want the day to be perfect, think I'm worrying to much about what everyone else will think x

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

A cream suit sounds lovely and would look good with navy. A red tie would also look good too, especially is the buttonholes were the same colour. I really don't think he'll stick out

My OH is trying to decide if he, the best man, his son, my son and my nephew should all match, but I'm not bothered. Especially as my nephew wants to wear a burgundy suit lol.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Just remember that this is your and oh day and other people's opinions about how it should look or what should be done don't matter. This is your wedding not someone elses. It's more and more common now that bridesmaid dresses aren't all the same so there is no reason why the men should all be the same. After all mob and mog won't be wearing the same will they?

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    LuxuriousPinkDecor346 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, I've only posted twice on her and have always felt better after talking to you ladies

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    LuxuriousPinkDecor346 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, Yeh My son will definitely match my htb and best man, it's all so confusing what you should and shouldn't do lol

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I'm so glad you posted this question as I've been wondering about it myself. I assumed that father of the bride and possibly also father of the groom wore matching suits as the groom and best man and ushers. However my mum us adamant that I'm wrong and the fathers don't wear matching. So now I'm confused! I would like them to match but it would be more expensive as would be more suits to buy. And I think my mum is a bit offended that I want my dad to be part of the wedding party as they are separated and there's still hard feelings about her bringing me up on her own. So complicated! I'm not bothered either way really just want everyone to be happy/comfortable.

• L
    Beginner May 2017
    LuxuriousPinkDecor346 ·
    • Hide content

My mum is the same, my mum and dad split a long time ok but my mum still has bad feelings towards my dad, it's hard isn't it trying to keep everyone happy, but agree with the other comments at the end of the day it's your day, I think I'll go with the flow as I do want my dad to be comfortable, tbh my mum wouldn't be happier if he wasn't there at all lol, x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics