Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlie1989
Beginner August 2016

Father/Daughter dance

Charlie1989, 11 of September of 2014 at 20:33 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hey Smiley smile

I was considering a father/daughter dance with my step dad. Unfortunately, my dad passed away when I was younger and I would like to let my step dad know that he means a lot to me by having a father/daughter dance with him on our wedding day. However, I have found it impossible to find a suitable song. He is an old school heavy metal rocker so if he had his way (not that he knows about it yet) he would be choosing Dio, ACDC or Iron Maiden!! There a few Led Zep songs that I have heard and like but I still don't think they 'suit'. Can anyone recommend something alternative but suiting please? If I really can't find a song then I thought of choosing the same song that my Mum and him had as a first dance at their wedding whch was George Michael - Jesus to a child.

Thanks Smiley smile

3 replies

Latest activity by Charliefarlie89, 12 of September of 2014 at 09:16
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I'll be honest and say I think dancing with your stepdaughter to the same song you danced to with your wife seems a bit weird...but maybe that's just me Smiley smile are you thinking like a slow dance, or something more upbeat and fast? What about Ozzy and Kelly Osbourne's version of Changes - or is that a bit, I dunno, mournful?

• Charliefarlie89
    Beginner August 2016
    Charliefarlie89 ·
    • Hide content

I didn't even think of it like that to be fair. Thanks for pointing it out. My sister asked ages ago of the significance and my mum was like "just liked it". Lol. And I just thought of the title being about love to a child. Maybe I misinterpreted it all. Now I feel stupid :/. I really have no idea what type of song I would like. I don't mind upbeat as he is confident enough to do a more upbeat type of song. I haven't really listened to the song before so will look into it - thanks Smiley smile

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hey Charlie,

You could always include a more uptempo track (sounds like it's going to be a rock one!) during the evening and it can be announced that it is especially for your step dad. If he's not a keen dancer then everyone else on the dancefloor will take that pressure away.

James x

• Charliefarlie89
    Beginner August 2016
    Charliefarlie89 ·
    • Hide content

That's a really good idea, thank you! We are looking into hiring a band as well so I guess we can request a song for a band to play especially for my step dad? Thank you!!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics