Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kookik
Beginner September 2012

Father/Daughter dance.... - maybe for OM's?

kookik, 3 August, 2012 at 16:46 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me when the father/daughter dance occurs please? is it straight after the first dance?

I'm just not sure how to broach it really...if my and hubby are dancing alone to first dance, and then father song comes on....do I then go get my dad to dance with whilst other couples or people dance? I mean most father/daughter dances are slow arent they?

I know I'm probably over thinking this but do I speak to my dad about it and see what song he wants or is it better a surprise......my questions go on and on!

someone please help lol

xxx

15 replies

Latest activity by Tizzie, 5 August, 2012 at 09:57
  • xKellsBellsx
    Beginner December 2012
    xKellsBellsx ·
    • Hide content

Hi funny you should ask this as I have been thinking about it a lot.

I decided that I would like to do it straight after the first dance as a surprise. My dad is a huge Liverpool FC fan, and all of my family from that side is from the NW. He is actually my step father, but he has raised me since the age of 9 and treats me like his own (and I call him dad). Anyway, I have chosen the song "You'll Never Walk Alone" (Liverpool FC's song of choice, but also I think the lyrics are meaningful)...yes it is slow, but I think other people may join in dancing too. I am planning on asking my DJ to formally announce it, so my dad knows what's going on, and I think other people will start dancing too if they wish.

Ultimately, as it is such a personal thing, I would do what you want :-)

• H
    Beginner October 2008
    haltonmummy ·
    • Hide content

Hi, We had ours straight after the first dance, we chose the song that my Mum & Dad had for thire first dance, which meant my Mum was part of the moment too xx

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    Jo33 ·
    • Hide content

I would love to do a father/daughter dance, but dont have a clus what song to dance to. My dad means the world to me, he has raised from the age of 3 months, when he met my mum, and although by blood we are not related, he treats me as his own and I will always call him dad. Anyone any suggestions?

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Not doing one this time round, but first time round we danced to "Wind Beneath My Wings". The words seemed very appropriate for my quiet, unassuming, wonderfully supportive father.

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

I think we are going tohave "walk the dinosaur" because it reminds me of being young and him playing it in the car. Certainly nice and up tempo!

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Father/daughter dance song ideas for you ladies...

/wedding-songs/father-daughter-dance

Fran x

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

I would like to do one with my dad, he used to dance me round the living room to 'being with you' by Smokey Robinson when I was little, so I've always had it in mind to dance to it with him at my wedding.

Only trouble is neither me or dad like being the centre of attention and I'm doing a fast first dance with oh so as not to feel uncomfortable doing a 'slowy', so that makes me wobble about it a bit!

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

We did it straight after the first dance, the DJ made the announcement and I made sure that people wold join I half way through as my dad is very shy. We danced to My Girl by the Temptations (he loves that song).

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm doing the exact same thing!!

• kookik
    Beginner September 2012
    kookik ·
    • Hide content

HI guys thanks for responses, I guess I'm just stuck as I don't have a clue what sort of song he would dance to! we have a great relationship and he's been so much more enthusiastic than I thought he would be that I'd really love to do something like this, but have no idea how he might respond.....

I think its time I had a chat with my step mum and get her input! She will definitely know....I hope!

lol

• RachTN25
    Beginner December 2012
    RachTN25 ·
    • Hide content

At the suggestion of our DJ we are doing it the other way round. I am dancing with my Dad first to 'I loved her first' by Heartland and then at the end of that he is going to hand me over to my OH for our first dance.

Rach xx

• *BigBird*
    Beginner April 2013
    *BigBird* ·
    • Hide content

Me and my Dad will be dancing to 'Brown Eyed Girl'. This will not be straight after the first dance though, it will not be announced as a father and daughter dance either..

• A
    Beginner September 2012
    amanda66 ·
    • Hide content

My dad and I will be having a dance together but not an announced dance as I think that makes people more awkward about getting up to dance too.

We will probably dace to something from the 1950's as my dad taught me to handjive/ rock n roll from about the age of 4 xx

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I have nothing to do with my dad (him being a numpty and all) so my brother walked me down the aisle so I had a dance with him.

It was about halfway through the night (when he had courage to do it!!) and we danced to Dance the Night Away by the Mavericks. It's kind of our song and we always have a dance to it when it's on. It also resulted in my favourite photo of the night Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics