Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner

Favour ideas and suggestions?

LuxuriousGoldConfetti695, 10 of March of 2017 at 12:53 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hello, I am struggling with ideas for favours! We haven't really got a theme as such but as we got engaged in New York we are having our table names as places where we went in New York so wondered if we could maybe have something that relates to new York to go along with that. Has anybody any suggestions? What are you having? Also what are people buying their bridesmaids as gifts? Thanks Smiley smile

15 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousRedDiamonds814, 27 of April of 2017 at 23:02
  • 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

We are having tiny bars of green & blacks chocolate for the adults and little bags of haribo for the kids- they will be presented in pillow boxes tied with ribbon to match our colours.

Our venue, and pretty much everyone else we spoke to advised against spending too much or making too much effort on favours- most people just leave them on the tables apparently!

In fact when we looked round our venue first they were clearing up after a wedding the previous day and everywhere we looked we spotted at least one beautifully presented little bag of sweets that had been the favours- on windowsills, tables, the bar etc - it turned into a bit of a 'spot the abandoned favour' tour!!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

We're having grasmere gingerbread and lovehearts just because lol Smiley smile

Krispy Kreme do wedding favours, which is quite American IMO so might be worth a look Smiley smile

X

• Mrs_Conduct
    Expert June 2017
    Mrs_Conduct ·
    • Hide content

What about something apple related? New York being the big apple and all. Bit cheesy but could be fun Smiley smile

• P
    Beginner October 2017
    Purpleshoes13 ·
    • Hide content

We aren't doing favours as such but having diffrence jars of sweets on each table and then giving each person a little paper bag so they can take some home. Thought it might help encourage people to talk to other tables. My OH went to a wedding where they got sweets including a little eiffel tower, maybe you could have a little chocolate statue of liberty?

• S
    Beginner May 2017
    Slink ·
    • Hide content

We​aren't doing favours on the tables for adults. We're buying a few drinks and a sweetie bar so don't feel we need to have them. I never take them from weddings or take them and forget them. Except sweets which will get eaten at the time but i didn't want edible favours and then sweets later. We are doing favours for the kids, a little toy, a colouring book and crayons to keep them entertained through all the boring adults talking!

I'm buying my bridesmaid a bracelet to wear on the day (was going to be a necklace but she chose a high necked dress). I've bought her outfit and she's getting her hair and makeup done so i don't want to spend too much on extras. I'm thinking a little goody bag for the night before with a little drink, face mask and chocolates.

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

We aren't so much doubt favours were giving all of the table decorations away at the end of the night so people can take whatever they want ad we've bought them all. There will also be some wine stoppers in the shapes of different animal skulls that people can take.

As for the bridesmaids they've all got a heart shaped parasol/ umbrella, it's very goth lol.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

I think NY themed is a good idea if it ties in with your engagement & table names! We're having fortune cookies as we went on a mega holiday to China a few years ago. What about Hersheys kisses (although I think they taste pretty vile TBH!), or some other American sweet?

Other things I've liked the idea of are lottery tickets, seed packets (although high chance they'd get left), or little bottles of drink?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

EBay. Personalised chocolate bars. Has your names and the date of the wedding and picture of new York skyline to fit with your theme!

• L
    Beginner July 2017
    LuxuriousIvoryDiamonds550 ·
    • Hide content

We're doing alcoholic favours for the adults and a bottle of j2o for the kids. I've seen many an article or post on the internet saying the favours just got left behind so we figured a beverage is probably the best way to go as the only way they will probably get left is if that particular person doesn't like the drink given. Would this be an option as you can purchase personalised bottle stickers and things now!

For my bridesmaids so far I've made personalised hangers, bought their shoes and got brides team robes from Asda for them to get ready in the morning of the wedding. Thinking of maybe making personalised jute bags and getting them a little bottle of fizz or something as well.

• L
    Beginner November 2017
    LuxuriousPurpleCakes715 ·
    • Hide content

We're just having mini bottles of jagermeister...our venue are happy with them being opened in the venue so we were thinking of putting out some Red Bull on the table and having everyone doing a jagerbomb during the speeches ?? we also have some nice whisky miniatures for the top table and for the evening we're having a sweet buffet

• L
    Beginner November 2017
    LuxuriousPurpleCakes715 ·
    • Hide content

And for the bridesmaids...I've bought their dress, shoes and bag and paying for hair and make up. For the morning of the wedding I'm making up a gift bag with a bracelet, a personalized glittery prosecco bottle and matching glass, a 'bridesmaid' tank top for the getting ready photos and a personalized dress hanger.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you have to have favours really. We had some pretty treasure chest style boxes with three luxurious, pretty chocolates inside.

I love the apple idea to tie in with New York theme! Trying to think what else....hmmm? Will have a think.

As a Jewellery maker, I'm going to say Jewellery as bridesmaids gifts of course, hehehe!!! :-)

• Montysmum
    Beginner March 2018
    Montysmum ·
    • Hide content

We're having alcoholic lollipops personalised with our colours, names and date in a couple of flavours Like these but personalised for us.

• A
    Beginner April 2016
    Apey ·
    • Hide content

Wedding favours:

This was one of my favourite parts of our wedding! We bought felt heart brooches from 'the heartfelt project'

https://www.theheartfeltproject.com/

Not only did it mean a charity donation (something important to us), but everyone ended up wearing them! I hadn't expected that, but it was so lovely to see all our guests wearing their heart brooches - it brought everyone together Smiley smile

We also printed out photos for each of our guests, then wrote a personal message on the back, thanking them for coming / recalling a special memory etc. Everyone loved that. We didn't find any abandoned photos when we were cleaning up the next day!

For my bridesmaids, I got them shawls as it was a tad chilly that day... and had flower jewellery made by this talented lady

http://www.iidajewellery.com/

I wore a similar necklace / earring combination too.

Loved it.

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

We were going to do Macarons from Costco, but as we are dropping favours off the night before at the venue, and they're meant to be kept refridgerated, trying to come up with a plan B. I think as someone's said above, a lot of people will leave them behind, so don't spend a fortune. Candles seem to be a popular one - we got Yankee candle votives at a wedding we went to, with a little message from the bride and groom.

I've doing bracelets for my bridesmaids, paying for their hair, and trying to find a few other little special things to do - thinking personalised hangers/champagne flutes for the morning getting ready.

• L
    Beginner August 2018
    LuxuriousRedDiamonds814 ·
    • Hide content

There are good wedding favour ideas and you have to determine which one better suits your liking and budget. I'm going to have koozies as my wedding favours as they are cheap, so I can gift a practical beer cooler without spending an important amount of my budget. ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics