Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner March 2013

Favours and Evening Guests

Chedi, 19 August, 2012 at 21:09 Posted on Planning 0 7

This may sound silly and me over thinking it - but I was thinking of having wedding favours that guests could take home as like a keep-sake thingy... but then it got me thinking that evening guests will see them about, and do you think they'd feel left out that they werent getting any?

We're having 60 day guests, then a further 60 coming in the evening, so it'll be like half the guests walking around with little favour bags or left on the tables and the other with nothing...

Do you think its a problem? Or would you expect that if you were an evening-only guest?

7 replies

Latest activity by karenanne229, 21 August, 2012 at 10:16
  • hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

It's a nice idea to do them for everyone if you can afford to, but as an evening guest I would never expect a favour.

What will be in the bags?

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

I've been to many evening receptions and have never expected anything. For my wedding evening I did a candy bar but that was purely for me as I love sweets, was just a bonus that the evening guests could have them too Smiley smile

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

As an evenign guest i wouldnt expect any type of favour bag but probably would expect to see the day one's hangin around.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

OH and I made the decision yesterday that we're not even doing favours for day guests!

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having organza bags with our initials embroidered onto them. I have 65 day guests and approximately the same evening guests coming. I have bought 100 organza bags and will fill them all. Everyone to the day will have one on their place setting (filled with sweets) and then the ones left over will be placed in a basket with a "Please Help Yourself" sign so that if there are any left (I've known day guests to pick up some for the "kids" etc at other weddings) then they can have one. First come first served style!

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I do like this idea ?

We're kind of having a subtle music theme as its the main thing we have in common is our love of music/gigs/festivals so things like table names will be our favour band names, I was going to do a collage (sp?) of photos of us at festivals on the table with whatever we're doing for the postbox (not got that far yet) and we've got a band for our evening entertainment - sooo I was thinking along the lines of creating our own CD's which have all the music we're using for the wedding in nice cases/bags. So putting these in a nice basket by our photos would work well ?

• karenanne229
    Beginner October 2013
    karenanne229 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you :o)

Love the idea of giving a music CD. Everytime they play it they'll think of your day, and it's something to keep

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics