N
Beginner July 2011

Favours & Table Names

nikinoodle, 8 March, 2011 at 12:22 Posted on Planning 0 14

Help!!!

I'm looking for inspiration almost everything planned but really

stuck on ideas for table names, gone are the easy days of giving table

numbers lol.

Also not sure on what favours to have, all ideas welcome.

Thanks

14 replies

Latest activity by Random Name, 9 March, 2011 at 11:08
  • PompeyEm
    Beginner September 2011
    PompeyEm ·
    • Hide content

Table names... have you both got a shared interest? Friends of ours had tables named after 80s kids TV shows, for example. We're considering naming ours after our football team's Legend players (we both support the same team so no probs there). Also I don't see why you have to give table names if you want to do numbers!

Favours - we're going for organza bags (£7.50 delivered for 75) filled with dolly mixtures - our surname will be Dollymore so they'll be a bag of dolly-more mixtures ? or maybe you could get chocolate balls wrapped in foil that match your colour scheme? I guess it depends on your budget

• L
    Beginner April 2012
    LittleMissB ·
    • Hide content

Hi, im having little glass jars with (colour scheme) organaza ribbon round top and filled with some simple sweets, also have little champagne bottle bubbles that im going to personalise and for the evening on the tables i have mini love hearts again with personalised labels of mine and OH names and date of wedding.

As for table names you got me on that one ?

• SamSam
    Beginner March 2011
    SamSam ·
    • Hide content

You don't have to give your tables names if you don't want to. Numbers would be fine. We've gone with places we've visited.

For favours we're having whisky and whisky liqueur miniatures as a nod to our Scottish heritage.

• Sparkly Tyke
    Beginner March 2011
    Sparkly Tyke ·
    • Hide content

Our tables are named after Sunderland football players (I gave OH that one thing lol!). For our favours I bought some silicone chocolate moulds from pound shops that are in the shape of hearts and butterflies, and a few bars of chocolate so I'm making my own.

• massuch
    Beginner July 2011
    massuch ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Do you have a theme that you could tie in table names with or things that mean something to you and your OH.

Our tables are named after whisky and the men (plus a couple of lady whisky drinkers) will have miniatures to match the table they're sitting at. Girls will have a little tin candle that have a label on the lid with our names and wedding date.

• M
    Beginner March 2011
    mattysmum ·
    • Hide content

My oh is f1 mad so our tables are names of f1 teams

• S
    Beginner
    Seren86 ·
    • Hide content

I love languages so we're having the word love in a different language for every table x

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Our theme is black and white and quite classic also Im audrey hepburn/old hollywood obsessed so I think the tables will be named after old movies or maybe actresses and have a black and white photo in a frame instead of a sign. Favour wise, Ive bought the boxes and ribbon, no idea what I'm putting in them, maybe charity pins and a chocolate or something. They are mainly to make the tables look nice if Im honest.

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

Our table names are OH's dream team - he wants to have a football pitch table plan too. Hmmmmm. And if our room was rectangular the tables would be laid out in a 4-4-2 formation lol.

For our favours we're giving everyone a betting slip - we're getting married in the football season at a football ground, and so the slip will be for the team to either win or draw at their away game that Saturday - no loss ones as we don't want people to be celebrating a loss that day!!! Also I'll be putting some maple cream biscuits on each table - we actually are eloping to Canada and the biscuits are amazing!!!! It'll give people a small snack before the dinner gets served!

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsLove ·
    • Hide content

We are having a butterfly theme with the colour purple running throughout - was going to call the tables different shades of purple such as lilac, amethyst etc; but then my OH told me the wedding was becoming 'too girly' lol so we decided we might name our tables after Las Vegas hotels (where we are going on our Honeymoon). He doesn't have much involvement in the wedding so I suppose I should give him some involvement when he asks for it haha!!

As for favours ?????? have been back and forth, want to do little minatures but quite expensive and I'm sure I will end up giving people the wrong thing! So then people have told me you only give the women favours so thought of a butterfly themed favour such as wine charms or luggage tags but the butterfly theme means nothing to other people and they will probably shove the favour in the bottom of their bags and never look at it again, so now I am contemplating not having any or just putting some heart shaped chocolates in a bowl in the middle of the table?! This is the one area I am not sure about or very organised about!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are thinking of having this. Our tables are named after European football clubs with the head table being Barcelona. I am thinking about getting a football pitch mat (like the old subbetto ones) and then getting a circle table plan template and putting them on there like footballs will then frame it

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly what I think we'll end up having, except he wants the tables to be listed on shirts, like they show on TV. We're getting a new nephew in June so I suppose the football mat won't go to waste afterwards. Our venue is a long thin room so I'm not sure the layout will translate properly but as long as people find out what name they're sitting on it can't go too wrong, surely?

I think I'm more bothered about letting him have the bits he wants that a moment's confusion over seating - it's his wedding, everyone else is grown up enough to find their chair ?

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Oh good thinking! Do you know where you can get the tshirt ones?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics