Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kayels
Beginner May 2013

Favours?!?! what to give the men? xxxxx

Kayels, 18 of July of 2012 at 16:38 Posted on Planning 0 14

Are you guys doing different favours for men and women??? In a previous hitched post i mentioned i would like to do, glammed up martini glasses for the girls, and was thinking of maybe mini boxes of popcorn for the men? However as someone pointed out and something i though myself, wont the mini popcorn boxes kind of suck compared with the martini glasses for the women? i have used these because they work really well with my theme, old hollywood glamour and i loveee martini glasses!!...

do you think the popcorn is still okay for the men or do you have any suggestions of anything that are maybe up there with the martini glasses, if you get what i mean!! Smiley smile x xx

14 replies

Latest activity by CharleeA, 20 of July of 2012 at 09:22
  • NovBride13
    Beginner September 2013
    NovBride13 ·
    • Hide content

The only thing about giving popcorn to the men is that it’s not a permanent reminder/pressie. How about brandy glasses? Or mini Oscar’s/trophies? Not sure how expensive they are though x

• Nicola_84uk
    Beginner October 2013
    Nicola_84uk ·
    • Hide content

How about shot glasses or glass tumblers? You could decorate them too but they are less girly then the martini glasses.

• samwiches
    Beginner August 2013
    samwiches ·
    • Hide content

I think martini glasses could work for both men and women - think James Bond! Although I'm not sure how you would glam it up for a man...

Or the shot glasses/tumblers like the poster above said! ?

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

Shot glasses are a good idea, as Nicola said.

However, think that men won't really worry about keeping the favours as (in my experience of my own family and friends) it will be the women who put the favours in their bags anyway and the men will probably just leave them somewhere in the venue which would P me off after the cost and effort that goes into them!!

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

he shot glasses are a good idea, dont think i could really glam them up though, hmmm... its quite hard to be fair!!...... men arent so much fun to get for as woman, and as teapotty said dont tend to remember favours so much lol!!.... xx xx

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Miniature bottles of martini? Or baileys, vodka etc?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

How about LED shot glasses something like these https://www.theglowhouse.com a bit different/glam without being too girly

• P
    Beginner September 2012
    Philconsequence ·
    • Hide content

As a man i'd say save your money and don't worry about the favours for the men Smiley smile

chances are it'll be like greetings cards, men don't really care about them and they look forward to the first opportunity to bin them without offending anybody...

how 'manly' are the men you're buying for?

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Well the majority of them are all lads lads who are big drinkers!, so i was possible going to go with the shot glasses or mini alcohol bottles because i think they would maybe like them being drinkers?!?!... what do you think? xx

• P
    Beginner September 2012
    Philconsequence ·
    • Hide content

If they're big drinkers then you can't really go wrong with alcohol lol, you could maybe look at getting shot glasses engraved at any place that'll laser engrave zippo lighters, trophies etc?

how about http://www.bruneltrophies.co.uk/products/corporate-awards/crystal-tankards/stern-tankard as an idea? more likely to sit pride of place in their homes and be used than a shot glass possible?

hope that helps x

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Although I do like the idea of little shot glasses, I think the men would appreciate mini bottles more. Men aren't sentimental like women, and would probably only keep the shot glass if their wife made them keep it!

Again, although I love the idea of decorated martini glasses, are they going to be too big for women to put in their bag? I once had a candle as a favour and because it didn't fit in my bag, I had to leave it on the table because I wasn't going to carry it round with me all night.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Be mindful about engraving, a work colleague retired recently and we got them a watering can engraved (he was a keen gardner) and was shocked at how much it costs it was nearly £50 to have a small sentance engraved on it! (This is London so maybe more expensive then other parts of the country)

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

My OH had a personalised shot glass as his place name/favour at a wedding and he loved it!

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

Im planning on having a favour table by the exit and the martini glasses will be in boxes in gift bags, so they can either take them as they leave or take one when they come in and leave it on their table till the end of the night, so im hoping it should be okay for them,

i have asked a few guys at work who said the shot glasses because they have LED which apparently to men is the best thing ever!... lol but i do really like both ideas!!! hmmmm....... xx xx

• CharleeA
    Beginner April 2013
    CharleeA ·
    • Hide content

What about cigars for the men? x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics