Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner March 2017

Favours! Who gets them?

Sapphirebride, 25 of April of 2016 at 08:56 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hello!!!

Last night I was pricing up my favours and I've decided to just order them all now, but when I was adding them all up, it dawned on me... WHo actually gets them?

Is it just the day guests? Do the top table get them too?

7 replies

Latest activity by sardinanbride, 30 of April of 2016 at 10:15
  • S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

Depends how you do it

if you do it at the wedding breakfast (traditional style) then just place one per setting (including top table) - this would only be needed for day guests

if your doing evening favors (blankets, flipflops etc...) then 1 per invited guest (both day and night)

if your doing room hamper favors (good for travellers or destination weddings) then it can be 1 per room or 1 per person

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

Personally, I would say that favours are just for the whole day guests and not the evening guests.

It does depend on your set-up though and what kind of favours they are.

• o0o_Charlie_o0o
    Beginner August 2016
    o0o_Charlie_o0o ·
    • Hide content

My favours will be for all those having wedding breakfast with us, I will be putting one per table setting including top table

• S
    Beginner November 2016
    StarCRM ·
    • Hide content

Normally just the day guests. One at each place setting. Top table included.

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

We're giving them to all of the Day Guests (including those on Top Table and ourselves!)

We're having Gingerbread and Love Hearts, but we'll probably have some Love Hearts left over so they'll go in a bowl on the bar we think Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner March 2017
    Sapphirebride ·
    • Hide content

I am having cupcakes done as Ive read so much about people leaving favours behind etc. I hear so many conflicting views about top table not getting them because they will get bridesmaids/best man gifts etc.

I've ordered enough stuff in to make then for all Smiley smile (I'm a cake decorator... doing my own cake too.. eeeeeeeekk!!!)

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I have mixed feelings about favours- my 'sensible' head says they are generally overlooked or ignored by most and a lot get left on the tables and thrown away and are therefore a total waste of money... my 'romantic traditional' head says I must have them, that they are a big part of the table decorations and that I MUST therefore do them!

I think I've decided to do fairly 'cheap and cheerful' favours- the traditional (boring?!) organza bag with a few sweeties in them- probably sugared almonds as they are traditional, and as they come in pale purple which is one of our theme colours... that way I don't spend a fortune but they are still there looking pretty at least!

As to 'who gets them' which was in fact the question- as far as I know, one favour for each place setting at the formal meal- I certainly won't be doing them for evening guests as well- and yes, I will be having one for me because I LOVE sugared almonds!!

• S
    Beginner September 2009
    sardinanbride ·
    • Hide content

I think it depends what your favours are? If it's something simple then I would do one per place setting,

In Italy a more generous favour is typically given to each family as they leave the reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics