Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2011

Favours....Charity pins/donation...???

emmamac73, 11 July, 2010 at 21:47 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi Peeps!

We're really struggling for ideas for favours. I've been to so many weddings recently where people don't care about the favours and they are left at the end of the night, so, I'm thinking...either something edible! Or maybe charity favours....thinking of the pins you can get....what do you think? Is it morbid?!

https://giveincelebration.cancerresearchuk.org/wedding-favours/create-your-favours

11 replies

Latest activity by Suzie&Karl, 12 July, 2010 at 08:58
  • tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

Not at all i think tehre are quite a few on here who are doing it.

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content

I did Cancer Research keyrings. x

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    emmamac73 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Bethanw. Where did you get them? I like the idea of the pound coin trolley token ones. Sadly we know a lot of people effected by cancer, it seems a nice way to give something back. Might see if help for heroes have anything too...

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

OH is in the army so we are thinking of doing the same for Help for Heros - write to them and ask for x number of pins (saying why) and then give the appropriate donation - there is usually a recommended donation per pin (approx £1-£2 depending on the charity).

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    emmamac73 ·
    • Hide content

Bro in law 2b is in RAF so H4H seems appropriate, and cancer research. Both do pin badges and trolley tokens. Gonna have a really good think about this. I think it is a great idea. Will see what H2B thinks.

Now I just need a little verse or something to accompany the favours.......any ideas???

x

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    emmamac73 ·
    • Hide content

Just googled for verses....some are quite sad! I'd like something quite light hearted and sincere.....ideas?

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    emmamac73 ·
    • Hide content

In lieu of wedding favors or another creation,

We've taken your name and made a special donation........

In loving memory of those who have fought and lost,

in loving appreciation for those who have fought and won,

and in loving support of those who are still fighting ..."

Quite appropriate for H4H and cancer charities....???

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I quite like that.

..OH had a friend who died in Afghan so we might honor him, but again we don't want it to be sad...

OH suggested "Royal Artillery don't go to heaven, they Re-org in hell" - don't think it's appropriate this time! bless him

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I was thinking we might put the pins in a basket next to the guest book, with a photoframe displaying the message something like

!We considered giving favours that would be unused or disguarded, but considered a cause closer to our hearts would best benefit..

...A donation has been made on your behalf and we now ask, please wear your badges with pride.!

• bethanw
    Beginner May 2010
    bethanw ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got the trolley token ones from the Cancer Research online shop. x

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

We have charity pins for our favours, Everyman Testicular Cancer, Great Ormond Street Hospital and Birthmark Support Group.

I just emailed the charities and spoke to whoever replied!

• Suzie&Karl
    Beginner January 2012
    Suzie&Karl ·
    • Hide content

I am doing it! I think its a fantastic idea.

We hadnt thought of it previously as we had a different idea, but due to sad happenings recently, we decided it was the right thing to do. I know they will definatly be appriciated in my close family at the wedding, and i know of a few day guests who will definatly apprictate it too.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics