Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner November 2011

Fed up. Stupid Wedding. Want to run off instead.

JST, 10 January, 2011 at 11:06 Posted on Planning 0 7

Is anyone else fed up with their wedding planning already? Well, it's not my planning I'm fed up with, it's every body else who is involved! Probably mega bridezilla alert coming up..

Number 1) My bridesmaid, who I've known forever, has decided that they will get married this year. After being engaged for 3 years. And that they'll do it in September, in Greece. And then have a party in October! OMFG half my guests are mutual friends and it just feels a bit sh*tty and thunder stealing. Plus we wont be able to go with our Wedding so close. And it'll be expense for us for the party and presents etc etc etc.
Number 2) My other bridesmaid, who is also friends with Thunder Stealer, is such a tight wad. Tighter than a ducks bum. Says her, her OH and daughter wont stay over because the hotel is too expensive (suppose so but they've known about this since last July) and they'll get a taxi home. So feel a bit fed up about that.
Then number 3) Tight Wad says her and family will be attending Thunder Stealers wedding in Greece! Oh my stars, so she cant cough up 100 quid to stay over at mine but can go abroad for the other one?! A month before mine? Scream!

Anyone else quite fancy throwing their wedding plannning book out of the window? Or at someones head?!

7 replies

Latest activity by kelly1988, 10 January, 2011 at 11:52
  • SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Ugh!!! Whats that all about??

A month before yours? Thats so....ugh! Totally unnecessary - and as you say with so many mutual friends....makes things complicated that wouldnt otherwise be!

Very thoughtless of thunder stealing Bridesmaid...but she is entitled to her big day as well so if you say anything its going to make you look bitter? Not nice...

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Mine isn't directed at anyone in particular but I've had a lot of "ooohhhhhhh just f**k off!" type feelings about everything weddingy in the last month or two. Don't know why, but I suddenly just stopped enjoying anything to do with planning the wedding because every bloody decision we make ends up being questioned by someone. It doesn't help that my friend just got married (they live in Bethlehem) and literally had the smallest, quietest, most intimate and hassle-free day imaginable. Sounds like bliss. For my wedding, my father has potentially just started world wars 3, 4 and 5 by telling my grandparents they're invited. They're sooooo not invited (they're not very nice people, long story) except now I HAVE to invite them, which has annoyed everyone else in my family. Rawr.

B*gger it! I'm eloping.

• J
    Beginner November 2011
    JST ·
    • Hide content

Oh I know, SaSaSi, I wont be saying anything to her, will look like a right cow! And I know I dont have the monopoly on weddings this year but urghhhh why couldn't they just wait one more year?!

Sammy - yes lets look at eloping!! (not me and you hah). I feel just exactly like that, cant even be bothered to google stuff any more cos off all the questions it'll get me. Your Grandparents sound like fun! Any chance the invite could get lost in the post?!

AND if tight wad and other friend say ONE MORE TIME that the hen do must be cheap I will un-invite them and just not bother having one! It's not massively high on my list of priorities as it is but still, I dont particularly want to go to our local cheesy club with L plates. Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Im with you on the Hen Do thing. We sent invites out back in October for hen do (weekend of Wills and Kate wedding) and keep informing them when there is a travelodge sale on so that they can get cheap rooms and so far its only me, OH and my sister who has booked a room. I dont know why i bother trying to save them money if they dont take me up on the offer.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear, sounds like you need some cake and a little wedding planning break!

I know it must be really very annoying that she chose the same date period as you, but my honest reaction is that you can't expect her to live her life around your wedding and she's entitled to get married then just as much as you are, which you seem to agree with from reading your reply.? That said, it should be an unwritten friendship rule!

I think its probably fair your other BM goes abroad to the wedding, and like you said, means money is tight so can understand her not being able to stay, but perhaps the way she's put it across has not been right if it has upset you, that's not on! And it makes it seem like the other friends big day is most important which again isn't on!

Hope everyone gets back onside with you - you are your girls should be enjoying this special time with two of you now getting married not arguing and fighting. Big hugs your way, hope the rant helps you calm down a bit and you can put a big smile on your face to talk about things with your BMs - Have you told BM your upset she won't stay but will pay to go to your other BMs wedding? If not, I think you should.

Good luck and hope that doesnt sound too mean.

• J
    Beginner November 2011
    JST ·
    • Hide content

Oh Kayl you're so reasonable and nice! I know how all of it sounds and belive me none of it will actually come out of my trap in real life. I am even helping find a venue for the party when bridesmaid gets back from Greece so I promise I'm don't look like such a miserable cow in real life! And my Chief Bridesmaid is ridiculously excited and thoroughly enjoying bitching about the other two so that is helping me out LOL!

Dunno, just seems the shine has gone off things a bit. I'll be back into the swing of it soon!

And Vic - that is poo underpants that they are all dodging you. Send out another reminder saying you must know numbers NOW!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I don't think your mean at all - I think all of that is a fair moan and totally normal - and i'd be doing some serious moaning too if it were me!

I bet your friend thought of your day when she booked it and is now thinking, well, JST didn't mention it was a problem, isn't she awesome? So you've probabl earnt some friendship points there... ?

Also - I'd look at anything you might be able to share costs with? If your both having chair covers might be cheaper to buy for example, or batch print things like stationery, guess it depends on the type of party she wants on return? Just a random thought.

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    kelly1988 ·
    • Hide content

H

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics