Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner June 2015

Feeding photographer...?

RomanticRedHair152, 9 of June of 2015 at 13:38 Posted on Planning 0 18

My caterers have just asked whether we are planning on feeding our photographer and I have no idea!

What's the norm?

xxx

18 replies

Latest activity by jesikab4u, 10 of June of 2015 at 14:04
  • AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

Ours have asked to be fed. Apparently the caterers do a supplier meal? Haven't confirmed but it's obviously a common thing.

• halloweeny
    Beginner October 2013
    halloweeny ·
    • Hide content

Some photographers have this in their contract. Most venues have supplier 'menus' that might be a bit cheaper. I think it's standard partactise to provide dinner especially if he/she is there all day. They won't be doing a good job otherwise...

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

It should be in your contract, but if not, you're best to ask. Also if there's a second shooter, check if they also need to be fed. May be worth checking if you have a band or dj if they want food in the evening.

Our photographer doesn't want a meal, but our videographer does.

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content

We are feeding our photographers and videographers. If you are providing meals I would ask them to be served them the same time as you and OH so that they do not miss anything.

• critter1066
    Beginner September 2015
    critter1066 ·
    • Hide content

Ours didn't ask for one but our venue offers a 2 course meal for half the price so we are doing that. We checked with our photographer if she's happy with that and if she has any dislikes or allergies. She seemed happy with this.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

We fed both of ours but they had worked a very long day.

• P
    Beginner June 2015
    Princess Bride 2013 ·
    • Hide content

We fed ours, 3 courses plus open drinks tab and bbq at night. Same with videographer and singer. They were all there all day though

• P
    Beginner June 2015
    Princess Bride 2013 ·
    • Hide content

We fed ours, 3 courses plus open drinks tab and bbq at night. Same with videographer and singer. They were all there all day though

• M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

Our photographers are bringing their own food for when we ahve the wedding breakfast, but asked if we would mind having something from teh buffet later on. Obviously we asid this wasn't a problem! Our band have stated in the contract that we are to supply them something to eat and a couple of drinks, so they are haing something from the buffet too.

If you're unsure, the best thing to do is ask!

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

It never was the norm and seems to be a new thing creeping in, it is not the norm, I dont see why you should pay any extra to feed them no matter how long they are there, if they want food I think that they should take their own supplies, you are paying enough for their services already, It can be very easy to drop plenty of hints to get a meal without asking as its also in the caterers interest to suggest it so they can make at least an extra £24. I have had other suppliers at weddings sniggering at me and asking why i dont "get a meal out of them" and seem to treat it as a nice little perk.

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    SunnyBrownDiamonds138 ·
    • Hide content

Was in the contract of all the photographers we looked at, our venue said just put them a set amount (tab style) behind the bar for a meal And a drink , they suggested £15. We have to feed the videographers X2 I believe as well!!!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

As others have said, it's something mentioned in most contracts. We don't specify that a meal must be provided, but 9 times out of 10 couples kindly put on a meal for us. Usually this is just a main course, a 2 course meal or a tab for something from the bar menu.

We have decided to feed our photographers and our videographers. To us, it's a small gesture that we know will go a long way and be so appreciated. It beats sweaty sandwiches that have been sitting in the car for 8 hours too ?

• S
    Beginner May 2016
    Spatey ·
    • Hide content

Ours said he would be happy with a bar meal.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

The norm is to feed them. At least 99% of the couples I shoot for do without me asking about it.

• Kittylove
    Beginner August 2015
    Kittylove ·
    • Hide content

We asked our tog if he wanted a meal. He said no, he'd rather we spend the money on a bottle of bubbly on our honeymoon.

• R
    Beginner June 2015
    RomanticRedHair152 ·
    • Hide content

Just an update - spoke to my photographer who said that he wasn't expecting food and because I'd offered it him he would join us at the hairdressers at 8.30am in the morning which he wouldn't have originally done! I felt bad him being with us all day and not giving him food!

the caterers are only charging £18+VAT so bargain!

Thank you for all your comments Smiley smile definitely pays to ask!

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely of him!

Ours says in her contract that we need to provide a meal if she is shooting all day but we only booked her for a half day so no need.

• It Must Be Love Wedding Photography
    It Must Be Love Wedding Photography ·
    • Hide content

I don't think offering a meal to your photographer is a 'free perk', it's helping them to focus on what they're doing during a very long day! I'd rather concentrate on getting my gear together and checking the running order, rather than making sandwiches...

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

I've just looked over some of our contacts and our vogs would like us to feed them so I thought I might just ask our tog if she would like us to provide her with food as it doesn't say in her contact but if we are feeding other suppliers we might as well feed all that are there for a long day. We will probably be providing them with a main course from our menu and soft drinks.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics