Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2015

Feeding Suppliers

Evielou1505, 13 of July of 2015 at 10:32 Posted on Planning 0 15

Morning B2B's!

What's the plan on feeding suppliers? Do we feed just the photographer or does the DJ, the Photo booth operator need feeding as well? at £12.50 a plate of sandwiches, i want to keep it to a minimum!!

thanks ladies! Smiley smile

33 days to go...YIKES!

15 replies

Latest activity by Donna, 5 of September of 2022 at 09:03
  • L
    Beginner July 2016
    Leelee85 ·
    • Hide content

Check what it says in your contracts to them.

Our photog crew require feeding but our caterer does a crew meal for more than half price.

Some suppliers will sort themselves out. I would just ask them or check the contract. If it doesnt state in there then assume they are bringing a packed lunch.

x

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

How long is the DJ going to be there for? I think the reason the photographer usually needs feeding is because they work all day, but most other suppliers are only there for part of the day.

If their contract doesn't say anything about it, you don't need to provide anything, but if they are there for a long time, you could ask them if they would like to have a meal?

We are not feeding anyone, we have a harpist who will be there for a couple of hours and our photographer will be there for 4-5 hours but that's it. Our ceremony isn't until 4pm and photographer will be with us approx. 2pm to 7pm so no need to provide a meal for her.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm feeding photographer and videographer as they are the only suppliers that will be there all day. £25 each their meals are costing me which I didn't think was bad at all for a 2 course hot meal.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Some suppliers have it in their contract you need to feed them and many venues offer discounted rates to fee them on the day. It's good practice to feed people who will be there for 6 hours or more.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I never demand food, its a relatively new thing that does seem to of crept in over the last few years, some may also expect a soft drinks tab at the bar.

I think that you are already paying enough for the suppliers without being expected to pay out extra to feed them.

During the meal I like to keep popping in the room as I can get some extra candid shots as quite often the bride and groom will do a walk around and visit tables in between courses, or the light could be perfect for a sunset/ flood light shot. Like these

The sky doesn't stay like this for long and you have a 10 min window to get it before it gos black.

But the problem with being fed is, as a supplier you will be served last - that's even if the venue remembers ! and by the time you get yours the bride and groom have finished and are on a walkabout which are shots I want and so you end up not eating it.

So by taking my own supplies I can snack when it is convenient for me and still remain in control and not risk missing any shots.

• MrsV-wasMissB
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsV-wasMissB ·
    • Hide content

We only have the musicians and the photographers on site. Before booking we said we cannot include them in the wedding breakfast however they are more than welcome to tuck in to the evening food (hog roast, cheeseboard, sweets)

Perhaps mention BEFORE booking in case they have issues with your plans.

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content

I would check with your suppliers.

Our videographer and photographer are friends of ours that we know so when we booked them we didn’t think twice about including them as numbers, however I asked them where they would like to be (in the room with us or a separate room) and took it from there.

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I just asked our photographer, and he was happy with a much cheaper bar meal, so I'll get that sorted for him happily! I did offer though! ?

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I'm in agreement with Bill above, I have always supplied my own food so I know I am going to eat when I want to but most importantly so that I don't miss anything happening at the wedding, 99% of the time when a meal has been arranged for you by the couple you wont get it on time from the caterers, that's if you get it at all, so taking my own I know I will be ok.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

Our TOG doesn't want fed, she likes to go away and do her backups, recharge and set up the photobooth. Our VOG wants fed though. Our venue do a £10 bar meal for suppliers. sorted!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Everyone else has covered it above regarding checking contracts and asking your suppliers themselves but if you're looking for "what are you doing" responses too, we'll be feeding our photographer and our videographers.

Speaking as a bride and groom (to be) we felt that a meal was a small gesture of thanks for the hard work that we know will be put in on the day and in the weeks following. I'd offer anyone coming into my home the same courtesy, whether I was paying them or not so it's something we'll be extending on our wedding day too.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I fed the photographer and DJ. I didnt feed the harpist, as she was only there a few hours.

This was one reason I didn't go with an 8 piece band, because I would have had a feed them all. Crew meals cost half a normal guests meal, so without the band, it meant I could invite 4 more friends instead.

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I'm feeding the photographer, he has asked if he can have a meal in the hotel restaurant while we eat, rather than eating with us - this will be about half the cost of our meal so suits me, and it gives him time to mull over what he's shot so far and think about any other shots he needs to take. I will also invite him to help himself to the evening buffet, wedding cake and candy buffet. We don't have anyone else we need to feed, but I'd be happy for the DJ and photo booth operator to have a piece of wedding cake and some bits from the candy buffet.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

As other have said, check your contract and ask your suppliers.

We offered our photographer a meal (either a hot meal or a simpler sandwich snack) but he refused. We are happy to supply beverages, and will be doing so for the photographer and the DJ.

• Donna
    Suffolk
    Donna ·
    • Hide content

I am a wedding photographer and videographer, I do not demand food, nor do I have it in my contract that I must be fed. However, on the questionnaire I send out before the wedding I will ask if we are being fed as a hot meal on a 10-hour working day is always welcomed.

The reason we like to be fed.
    1. Soggy sandwiches that have been in your bag all day are gross
    2. A hot meal when we have been on our feet all day working our asses off is always really appreciated.
    3. Some venues do not have catering options other than what your caterer has bought in to feed your guests, this means there is no bar/restaurant where we can order something for ourselves in. Meaning your photographer/videographer may have to go off-site in order to get food.
    4. No one likes a hangry photographer/videographer lol

Hope you have THE best day!

Donna
    Konjo Photo & Film
    www.konjo.co.uk

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics