Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs B to be :o)
Beginner May 2015

Feeding your photographer and toastmaster

Mrs B to be :o), 17 of February of 2014 at 12:57 Posted on Planning 0 17

I know this is a really random question but are any of you including your photographer and toastmaster in your number of meals needed on your big day? It will be another £150 (£75 per head) for us. I didnt even think until a colleague just asked me about them eating also. I dont want them going hungry when both will be there approx 7 hours each so think I will have to add on 2 more meals to the wedding breakfast. Anyone got any advice on this or having the same dilemma?

Many thanks xx

17 replies

Latest activity by Jes22, 18 of February of 2014 at 00:12
  • miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

I asked our TOG about this when we first met her; she said that we would like us to provide her lunch but not the same as the guests; just some sandwiches, etc that she can easily in between working. I have asked our venue to provide this and they have said that is fine; they haven't given me a price yet but I would imagine it will be cheaper than the price of the wedding breakfast!

• Mrs B to be :o)
    Beginner May 2015
    Mrs B to be :o) ·
    • Hide content

I will do the same when I meet with each next then Smiley smile Hopefully they will say something similar and the venue will also agree on a cheeper price for them. Thank you x

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

There was a lot said about it here https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/422084.aspx

Not sure about the toastie but some photographers will have it in their contract that you have to feed them and provide drinks. Some say they dont have it in the contract but will then just drop heavy hints like "its nice to be asked" so you will be in no doubt that they want food.

• jfilsell
    Beginner March 2014
    jfilsell ·
    • Hide content

Our caterers do meals for the tog etc. and they come to £9 per head. You definitely don't need to feed them the same as your guests! ?

Beginner May 2015
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you x

Beginner May 2015
    • Hide content

Ok, thank you. I didnt want to seem mean but £150 was a lot of money that we didnt budget for! lol!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

If you'd like to provide a meal for your suppliers then quite often the venue/caterers will offer a reduced price option for you as another £150 is a lot. I'd like to think there weren't any suppliers out there who would expect (or want) you to spend that much on them. If it's a hot meal, it's just the main course usually too, not the full shebang.

If it's more cost effective, offering sandwiches or similar is absolutely fine too and i'm sure most would be very appreciative of anything. It's lovely of you to think of them!

Personally, we don't specify that a meal must be provided at all, but do check the contracts of your suppliers as some will specify it must be a hot meal.

More often than not, vendor meals will be given in the bar/another room so don't worry about it mucking up table number or finding them somewhere to sit Smiley smile

• Hide content

I think that they dont expect a full blown meal, just some sandwiches in the bar if they insist

Beginner May 2015
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the advice. I will check the contract when I get home x

• Hide content

If its sarnie's then I dont see why they cant take their own. I dont see why you have to pay at all.

Beginner May 2015
    • Hide content

I dont mind paying for their lunch (in fact I want to as a gesture of good will for the work they will be doing for us on the day), just was thinking £150 was a lot initially. As suggested, I will ask the venue if they can do a smaller lunch Smiley smile

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

This ^^^^^^^^

I copied this from my other post that Bill linked to

To tell you the truth we wouldn't always get the meal anyway and if we did it would be too late as caterers have enough to do to get the meals to your guests and the photographers are always late or forgotten about and for that reason I will feed myself while you are sitting down for your meal. I never trust a venue when I'm told there will be a meal available.

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    Shely ·
    • Hide content

Our tog has it in contract to provide meal and drink. We will have a soft drinks tab for him and provide a bar meal away from us so he gets a break whilst we are having our wedding breakfast. X

• Hide content

Years ago the issue hardly ever came up and if I even ate anything at all I would sort myself out. I don't know where it has come from or who all of these photographers are who cant seem to go a few hours without eating and demand food.
    I have seen suppliers in the past in the bar tucking into supplied food and they ask me oh where's yours and they cant believe I sort myself out like im missing out on some sort of a ?.
  • B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly Bill, couples are paying anything from £1500 and up and still photographers demand the couple pay for a meal for them Smiley smile

• Sarah Ellen Bailey
    Sarah Ellen Bailey ·
    • Hide content

I usually bring some food with me and take myself out of the way somewhere when everyone else is eating… I'd rather have the freedom to eat when it suits me as opposed to be handed something just as the speeches are about to start. It's always nice to be asked though. It's also always nice to be offered a spare dessert at the end, I love it when that happens Smiley winking

• B
    Beginner June 2015
    Brooksy ·
    • Hide content

I asked my tog about this as I was worried like you about increasing the headcount and he just said that when be worked in an office his employer did not provide his lunch, so why would he expect his customers too? I will make sure there are soft drinks provided for him (bar wont be open through the day) and he can help himself to sweets, but won't be paying for an extra meal

• J
    Beginner May 2014
    Jes22 ·
    • Hide content

Ours will get a choice off the bar menu ie hot sandwiches and a soft drink, that's all most expect if there professional

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics