Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Feeding your wedding videographer and photographer???

2013Wedding, 27 of April of 2012 at 19:18

Posted on Planning 40

Hello Do you feed you photographer and videographer? They are both working over 10 hours, i assume they will have a good breakfast before they leave, but what about in the day? I don't want them to get tired..... But do i have to provide them with a meal with the sit down dinner??? Any help would be...

Hello

Do you feed you photographer and videographer?

They are both working over 10 hours, i assume they will have a good breakfast before they leave, but what about in the day? I don't want them to get tired.....

But do i have to provide them with a meal with the sit down dinner???

Any help would be great.

Sarah

40 replies

• firefairy
    Beginner June 2013
    firefairy ·
    • Hide content

My future brother in law is actually a wedding videographer and although he doesn't "expect" to be fed he does find it nice to be offered and often complains when he doesn't. They work long hours, often not forgetting if they're doing the evening reception part they have to travel home too. I've known him to leave the house at 7am to get to the venue to set up and not return til gone midnight so not feeding them seems very mean! Also, you'd be surprised how little the cameramen actually get paid if they work for a company... Even if you don't give them the same meal as the guests I would suggest at least a sandwich or too and a cup of tea!

• J
    Beginner July 2012
    joneyyy1981 ·
    • Hide content

For the price some of them charge they can make a packed lunch....

but yes we are offering a full meal to ours...

• SuperDuff
    Beginner November 2013
    SuperDuff ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Chris and Andrew. I will make sure to ask what sort of food our TOGs would like (I have no objection to paying for a full 3 courses - I'd rather that than some of the family! lol! But of course, mindful of waistlines too!)

• Simon and Alison
    Beginner
    Simon and Alison ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Being a wedding photographer is great if you're on a diet ? At one of our recent weddings we had breakfast at 8am before we left the house, then nothing until teatime as we were flat out all day. With all the running around we do I reckon I lost at least half a stone.... ?

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Our venue offers "supplier meals" for a lesser amount than the per head cost. I don't know whether this is the same meal (our per head costs includes alcohol, so it's hard to compare) or just a burger type thing.

I emailed my photographer to ask and she said it wasn't necessary but would be very much appreciated.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

A 3 course meal would be a bit much for me I think. At the last 2 weddings I've second shot at, we were given the main meal and the dessert. It was lovely as I was starving by then (breakfast at 7am and nothing til 5pm)!

I'd be just as happy with a burger from the bar though, which is what I had at one recent wedding. Wasn't expecting to be fed at that one, so took along a couple of sausage rolls. Was so pleased we were as they looked a bit manky come 5pm!

• J
    Beginner July 2012
    joneyyy1981 ·
    • Hide content

Ill answer the original question with a question / answer.

who here has/expects there place of work pay for there dinners? i don't know anyone who has there meals lay'ed on for them at work.

i think its a very nice gesture for the hosts to offer a meal / snack etc and a way to keep your tog happy and willing to work, but in no way should the tog expect to be fed.

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well you're entitled to lunch breaks, and i bet your place of work allows you free hot drinks and has at least some form of catering on site for you. Some work places do allow you lunch for free, others give you a heavily subsidised meal. TOG's don't get 'breaks' like they would in a normal work place and you can't expect someone to go all day without at the very least a free hot drink.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine don't, but then there's a fridge to keep my lunch in and a Sainsburys around the corner.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics